2011 R3T No ECM data port??

NOVAR3T

Standard Bore
Ride
2011 R3T
Outstanding forum here folks! Been lurking since 2011, first time post. I promise to formally introduce myself in the appropriate forum here shortly. Bike is apart wanted to get this out there asap. Bike is currently set up with tors and a PCV but wanted to make the jump to tuneecu just because....I like to dabble.

Anyhow, I made all the downloads, got the cable, and have now spent the better part of 3 hrs looking for the ECM data port connector. I have looked everywhere. I can only presume it's comparable in size to the corresponding data cable that I purchased, which isn't exactly small. Nothing in the side covers, nothing under the seat, nothing tucked under the bike. Raised the tank.....nothing. Even looked in the headlight bucket for good measure, nope! I have traced the entire main harness from the fuse box, to the ECM, and all the way up to the steering neck.

Am I going insane?? Or blind?? Anyone know of any secret hiding spots? I've read that it should be under the seat or maybe tucked in a side cove but I swear to you all, I cannot find it and I would almost swear it doesn't exist. Is it possible there isn't one? I've researched, looked, cussed, and looked more. I'm stumped. Any help or input is appreciated. This is a 2011 touring model by the way. Kind regards-- Ed

Maybe just overlooked it. It's under the seat by the battery. You might have to dig a little in case it's slipped down. Yes it's as big as the data plug, so it's easy to spot.

Yep, if you don't know where to look it is nearly invisible, since it is black like everything else under the seat, but it's there....left side of battery, and yes it can drop down if it is not used often...it has a rubbery boot around it and that might make it less obvious.

IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG

Ok guys, I found it. Turns out I actually hid it even better than triumph did. When I installed my audio, I had taped it up and tucked the port way down between the battery box and fender. If that wasn't enough, I then tucked my amp down there on top of it. Throw a layer of road grime on it and it indeed was well camouflaged! Thanks for the reality check guys, I was close to breaking stuff!! I feel so foolish.

A side question....Can my PCV stay on the bike while using Tuneecu? I don't need specifics quite yet. Just generally speaking.

Thanks again!

Back