For Sale 2010 Carpenter Racing R3R For Sale - Thread revival!

Grendel

.040 Over
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket II Roadster
Hi All!

I am reviving this thread as I am putting the Rocket up for sale this year. All of the information below still holds and I just don't have the ability to ride the beast at this time, so I am letting it go to a good home. The bike has just been to the shop and had a fresh oil change, new battery, fluids checked, brakes checked, and is ready to go!

I thought I would post it here first before I put it up on CycleTrader, so let me know if you are interested.

Asking 9,800.00 OBO. Clear title in hand.

Hello All!

Unfortunately it has come time for me to part with the Rocket. This bike has the Carpenter Racing 240HP engine and Exhaust and more carbon fiber than you can shake a stick at. The original owner - I am the 2nd owner since 2013 - said the carbon fiber shaved off about 200 lbs, though I have never weighed the bike.

Rockets are rare on their own, and Carpenter Rockets even more so, but I can honestly say that I have never seen another bike that looks like this one, so if you like being unique, this could be the bike for you!

The bike has low miles (approximately 17,250) and runs great; so much power! This is the best sounding motorcycle I have ever heard and it is a blast to ride and very comfortable, even for all day rides. The tires still have good tread.

There is a superficial scuff on the bottom outside of the the exhaust pipe, which you can see if you look close at the pictures.

I am happy to answer any questions and provide any additional pictures as requested. Shipping or pickup is the buyer's responsibility, but I am happy to assist however I can.

The Rocket is located in Boone North Carolina.

Thank you for your interest!
IMG-2402.jpg
IMG-2408.jpg
IMG-2409.jpg
IMG-2405.jpg
IMG-2404.jpg
IMG-2401.jpg
Rocket0.jpg

Last edited:
I would buy your bike over a new model. My insurance was $240 annually and this bike hauls.
Thanks man! Absolutely right, the bike will scream and insurance is pretty cheap. I guess insurance companies aren't savvy to the mysteries of a Carpenter Racing engine! :)

I hope to find a good home for Smaug (named after the dragon from the Hobbit for any Tolkien fans out there!).

Thanks man! Absolutely right, the bike will scream and insurance is pretty cheap. I guess insurance companies aren't savvy to the mysteries of a Carpenter Racing engine! :)

I hope to find a good home for Smaug (named after the dragon from the Hobbit for any Tolkien fans out there!).
Thats a GREAT name! Working on my own rocket but that bike looks great!

Looks like an extremely expensive and cool full Japanese CarbonDry kit that came in Carbon Fibre or same in fiberglass for about 2/3rds of a Quadzillion!
Not sure how up to date the links below are but about US$7500 all up from memory. They have their own tank cover etc too from memory.

I think @Claviger has some of the kit on his wild ride and @Mittzy had/has another member's similar build with CarbonDry bits and a full Lush 240+ HP motor

1662698479245.png

Nice bike at a great price, somebody will jump on that deal! 😀
It should be you Lupe! You have a Carpenter Silverback already so.......

Simple, even your girls could have a go.....now just add another 238!
;) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

1662699030013.png

1662698945980.png

Last edited:
Looks like an extremely expensive and cool full Japanese CarbonDry kit that came in Carbon Fibre or same in fiberglass for about 2/3rds of a Quadzillion!
Not sure how up to date the links below are but about US$7500 all up from memory. They have their own tank cover etc too from memory.

I think @Claviger has some of the kit on his wild ride and @Mittzy had/has another member's similar build with CarbonDry bits and a full Lush 240+ HP motor

1662698479245.png
YES! I do believe that is the stuff! I had forgotten where he said he had gotten all the CF, thanks for the links!

It is a beauty and looks familiar 🙂

Good luck with sale, it's a good price, no doubt.

Were I in the market for another, I'd be all over it.

Will kick the new rockets ass in every performance metric easily.

1662698479245.png
I have the fibreglass version only cost one leg and a finger!!!!! LOL
zz.jpg

Back