frankensteinIII

.020 Over
Hi y'all,

Website newbie here; wow, lottsa great information. This is really cool !

I am 6'4" putting together a 2009 R3T and looking for straight up risers to increase the height by about 4inches. The handlbar digs into my thigh during tight turns and needs to be raised so that my legs do not interfere.

The only thing available on the internet are Rivco risers; but they simply do not cut it.

Any ideas on ... well, anything! ? lol

Ride Safe Ride Free

Welcome to the forum Frank,
you're right alot of good info here.
the more you look, the more you read, the more ideas you get, the more money you spend, you startin to see a pattern yet???:D
Seriously welcome.
As far as taller risers, there ain't none.
you could start making them an selling them to offset the cost of everything you're gonna want to do to your bike.
Other than that, you could ask Flip to make you a set, or just get some harley 1" pullbacks.
Of course then you'd need a longer brake line, clutch cable and throttle cables, again, starting to see a pattern yet:D...

I'd suggest that you loosen the clamps and rotate the bars up a bit. Rivco sells a set of risers that will give you a two inch rise and one inch pullback (or is that a one inch rise and two inch pullback?). In any case, it the bars are hitting your legs, they need to be adjusted.

Have you tried adjusting the bars up? I wanted mine way down low, so I put the bars at full lock, loosened the bolts, and moved em down till they were only about a 1/4" above the fuel tank.

I would imagine you could do the same thing pushing the bars up and see how much extra room that gives you

risers

:) LOL your reply has me laughing out loud for real!
Yes, motorcycle dealerships, parts stores, or events seem to have the same vortex power and they suck you in.

Thaks for the suggestion but there is plenty of pullback from a straight up riser; any more than that might jam the controls in my face.

Flip makes custom stuff? I need the height. I had beautiful risers made for my VTX but they do not fit the R3T. Perhaps they can be machined to be fitted?

and then the longer cables.... pattern!

Attachments

• P6110460.jpg
    P6110460.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 1,035
yes, rotating the handle bars only goes so far. I'm 6'4" and the handlebar still digs in.

Well, I'm only an inch shorter than you and with the Rivco risers the bar ends are two inches from my legs at full lock. Are the bar ends digging in or is it the brake/clutch levers? If so, those are also adjustable. Now, if that 6'4" is made up of a seriously short trunk and a 40" inseam then I can understand your problem. If not, try the Rivcos and adjust those bars.

Young Frankenstein I guess you tried tilting the bars. With the risers on a long trip that might be awkard. On my last bike I just angeled my leg out on u-turns.

Or you can take out 2 inches below the knee and adjust from there...just kidding.

Dennis

36 dtg Dubai
37 dtg Home

Back