2009 R3T Tune please

Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
I want to thank everyone on this forum for helping me out with this new monster. I am very pleased with it.

I know that a few members here have given me some S#!T for being in the doghouse from the wife for purchasing this bike, but I have been able to get her out on it and I think she is coming around now. :D

I am planning to go on a ride, not this weekend, but next weekend, and I need to make sure that the tune that I am using will be okay for the bike. I had shot a couple messages to @HansO as I understand that he is the ultimate guru on the tunes, from what I here. I know that spring is coming and everyone gets busy, so I have a question until he gets a chance to respond.

Against what many have suggested, I cannot get the wife to approve the TORS or anything yet. Even she thought it was too quiet though.

What I have on this R3T are the D&D slip ons which I have taken the baffles out of. (They are huge)
I have a K&N filter setup and when I hooked up the TuneECU, the Map 20368 was already loaded on the bike.

I like the sound as it is now. I will do the crossover from @Paul Bryant and TORS eventually, but for now, will this map work on the bike without causing any issues to the beast? I need some insite on this to put my mind at ease before I go on this ride or let me know of a different tune to try.

Thanks in advance. I am thankful to have many opinions and experts on this bike at my disposal.

Jeremy

I want to thank everyone on this forum for helping me out with this new monster. I am very pleased with it.

I know that a few members here have given me some S#!T for being in the doghouse from the wife for purchasing this bike, but I have been able to get her out on it and I think she is coming around now. :D

I am planning to go on a ride, not this weekend, but next weekend, and I need to make sure that the tune that I am using will be okay for the bike. I had shot a couple messages to @HansO as I understand that he is the ultimate guru on the tunes, from what I here. I know that spring is coming and everyone gets busy, so I have a question until he gets a chance to respond.

Against what many have suggested, I cannot get the wife to approve the TORS or anything yet. Even she thought it was too quiet though.

What I have on this R3T are the D&D slip ons which I have taken the baffles out of. (They are huge)
I have a K&N filter setup and when I hooked up the TuneECU, the Map 20368 was already loaded on the bike.

I like the sound as it is now. I will do the crossover from @Paul Bryant and TORS eventually, but for now, will this map work on the bike without causing any issues to the beast? I need some insite on this to put my mind at ease before I go on this ride or let me know of a different tune to try.

Thanks in advance. I am thankful to have many opinions and experts on this bike at my disposal.

Jeremy

So, i was sent a tune. i connected. opened the map and then selected download. it ran the map no problem and completed. Then when i go to start the bike it turns over once and then nothing. I thought it was odd. so i went back to the original map and loaded it and it does the same thing. what am i doing wrong?

So, i was sent a tune. i connected. opened the map and then selected download. it ran the map no problem and completed. Then when i go to start the bike it turns over once and then nothing. I thought it was odd. so i went back to the original map and loaded it and it does the same thing. what am i doing wrong?

Your battery is dead?? Also if the battery is compromised either tune could be corrupted by low voltage during the transfer of the tune. Try charging your battery or replace it, and keep the charger on while loading maps. Pull the headlight fuse also.

Take your battery out and take it to a chain auto parts store and they will load test the battery for you.

20367 is on mine when I bought it used.
I'm going to remap to a 20368. There are a few different versions of the 20368 that I have found, though.
I am a real newbie to TuneECU so I can't help much there, however, I would also agree to check the battery and re-do the mapping.

And what Jag said!

Take your battery out and take it to a chain auto parts store and they will load test the battery for you.

Thanks I let it charge and it fired up. I will take the battery in this week though. Sounds mean. Was going to take it out to check out the power difference but as I finished up it started downpouring.

Back