2008 Rocket III Touring - Stock Mufflers

JLoss

.020 Over
I replaced the stock mufflers on my 2008 R3T with the Triumph accessory mufflers and now I wish I had kept the stock mufflers. I want to replace the accessory mufflers I have now with stock mufflers.

Does anyone have stock mufflers that will fit my R3T that they'd be willing to swap for my accessory mufflers? Or, that they'd be willing to sell to me?

I replaced the stock mufflers on my 2008 R3T with the Triumph accessory mufflers and now I wish I had kept the stock mufflers. I want to replace the accessory mufflers I have now with stock mufflers.

Does anyone have stock mufflers that will fit my R3T that they'd be willing to swap for my accessory mufflers? Or, that they'd be willing to sell to me?
Can you tell us what it is about the TOR's that you're unhappy about?

Stock Exhaust

I was just starting my search for new exhaust. I would be more than happy to do a swap. Any dents, dings, or dido's? Did you replace the catatonic converter? Where they too loud? too quiet? I can setup the freight if you are serious. :cool:

I was just starting my search for new exhaust. I would be more than happy to do a swap. Any dents, dings, or dido's? Did you replace the catatonic converter? Where they too loud? too quiet? I can setup the freight if you are serious. :cool:
No catalytic converter in the R3T TORS. It is eliminated. :)

What happened to the original mufflers? If the dealer put on the TORs, you still should have been given back the originals.

Dennis

80 dtg Kuwait
81 dtg Home

This whole thread seem bass ackwards, right?;)

Some of us march to the beat of a different drummer. There is nothing wrong with the accessory mufflers. I simply do not like the volume. I have always used the stock mufflers in my past bikes but this time I decided to try them because I was told they just have a "low rumble". To each his own. If I can't get a good set of stock pipes, then I'll probably get rid of the bike.

Wow, seems pretty drastic. You still didn't answer my question (I don't mean it to sound like an interrogation...) what ever happened to the originals...just curious.

Dennis

79 dtg Kuwait
80 dtg Home

Back