2008 rocket 3 classic

jerry a

.060 Over
i am going to sell or trade the r3 just does not live up to my style of riding a little info the bike is all stock but has some accories engine guard w/ adjustable highway peg kit and crome pegs w/triumph logo oil tank insert 140 cui roadster screen teardrop drilled mirrors touring seat w/dr back rest and stock seat tall sissy bar/luggage rack and long haul back rest pad kuyarkn iso comfort grips k&n air filter w/stock one also kuyrakin iso wings passanger floor boards bike is in perfect shape and all service is up to date and have a spare rear tire i think that is all the bike has 5500 mile and is blue /silver im thinking $ 13,000 do you guys think this is to low or avaerage price if you are 100% postive you would like to buy it i can email you some pics and set up shipping let me know jerry at 1 414 760-2424 thanks :confused: or email me at albrechtwolves@sbcglobal.net

i am going to sell or trade the r3 just does not live up to my style of riding a little info the bike is all stock but has some accories engine guard w/ adjustable highway peg kit and crome pegs w/triumph logo oil tank insert 140 cui roadster screen teardrop drilled mirrors touring seat w/dr back rest and stock seat tall sissy bar/luggage rack and long haul back rest pad kuyarkn iso comfort grips k&n air filter w/stock one also kuyrakin iso wings passanger floor boards bike is in perfect shape and all service is up to date and have a spare rear tire i think that is all the bike has 5500 mile and is blue /silver im thinking $ 13,000 do you guys think this is to low or avaerage price if you are 100% postive you would like to buy it i can email you some pics and set up shipping let me know jerry at 1 414 760-2424 thanks :confused: or email me at albrechtwolves@sbcglobal.net

KBB retail is only $11K. You're probably only looking at about $10-10.5K, not $13K.....sorry.

KBB trade-in value is $7,840....ouch

Jerry
I can appreciate the fact that the Rock is not for everyone but can I ask what it is about the Rock that doesn't work for you? Are you wanting a ****** rocket or a Goldwing or back to a HD? I was just curios as to what the Rock couldn't do that you are wanting it to do?

I have been having an internal struggle myself and have been looking but I can't find another bike that can do what this bike does. I have mine set up for crusing or touring if I felt the need. And I have also installed the triple filters and Tuneboy and the bike now is putting over 144 horse to the ground with a whopping 150 lbs of torqe. I can not find another bike that is this comfortable yet this powerful. I think I could ride one of those nice looking street glides that has been customized with the bags and the wide tire and lowered. I think they are really good looking bikes but lets face it they are dogs and they will set you back about $32-35 k. They either spend the money on the performance modes and they are pretty much stock looking or they spend their money on looks and don't touch the engine.

I am looking for a bike that has the torqe of a 502 big block Boss Hoss that has the speed of a Busa and cruises like a Goldwing with all the gadgets that goes with a Wing. If somebody could build me one of these please let me know. lol

T

no not as of yet i am going to a dealer today to see what i can work out with him new price on the r3 is 12,000

If you have a change of heart let me know. Most dealers don't give you that much more for accessories. And I also live in south east Wisconsin (west bend), so it can be a face to face cash transaction !

hay t well there is a few things lets start off that i am comparing it to my last bike a 04 victory kingpin in its self was a big bike and was a dream to own little to no maintance at all and it had 110 hp 115ft of tq at the wheel and would carve the twistes like a sport bike but after 4.5 years and 50,000 miles it was time to replace it and i loved the looks of the r3 since i first saw it a couple of years a go so i went out and got me one . i guess there are a few things first it does not like flying thew corners not enough weight in the front of the bike . the heat that comes off this bike holy **** nice when it cold but whenit in the 80-90's i think if it wasent for the heat that just roast my right inner leg i could deal with it . and most inportant rides to stiff and then i play with the shocks and its to soft the kingpin had a single mono shock mounted the center was perfect from thr start . and with the amount of miles i put on in summer witch is around 10- 17,000 i need a bike that does not requier so much maintance other than that i love the bike but think im going back to victory hay ben i will let you know pm me you'r email

Makes sense. I wrapped the header with header wrap and solved my heat problem. I think the Rocket rides a little stiff but I hear a bunch of people complain about the shocks. I didn't know that the Victory had that kind of numbers at the rear. I do think the Victory with the hard bags and wind shield is a good looking bike and if they are putting out that kind of numbers might be worth a look at when I get ready to make a change. I only put 10 to 12k miles a year on a bike and there ain't a lot of twisties out here in the flat lands. Good luck.

T

hey jerry a,

Just some curious question, why do you say not enough weight in the front of the bike??? Does the front end skip/slide out from under you when going hard through the turn??

Ask this because I had something odd happen to me when out ridding through the tight twistys. I was traveling in (two lanes on my side of the road) the right lane making a hard right turn leaning hard but not dragging pegs, all of a sudden the front of the R3R wanted to go into the left lane crossing the middle dividing line by one foot, but knew no one to the left of me though.

All this happen so fast that I am trying to figure if it was the pavement, banking, tire PSI.

All in all, I thought the R3 was great at the twist and turns as I kept up with three other riders that have way more ridding experience (they don't wait up for anyone) than I have, one was ridding a HD Road King, the other was a HD Street Glide, and the other was a Aprilila.

Back