2007 Triumph Models

Pig9r

Living Legend
From the Triumph website, to be announced in the Sept issue of Torque.

Issue 41 of Torque will be distributed in September 2006 and is a special collectors edition featuring the inside line on the 2007 Model line up.

i talked to Wayne... the Triumph rep guy who was up in Marne this weekend... and he pretty much said in a round about way not to expect a Rocket III touring model in 2007. We shall see, won't we.

Toystoretom said:
i talked to Wayne... the Triumph rep guy who was up in Marne this weekend... and he pretty much said in a round about way not to expect a Rocket III touring model in 2007. We shall see, won't we.

Interestingly, I just got back from a trip up north and everyone that asked me about my Classic questioned whether Triumph would ever "dress" the R3 like the Wing. By everyone, I mean the older everyone's. We stopped by the Easy Riders Rodeo in Fowlerville, Michigan on the way up north and the Hardley guys, though reserved did some "check'in it out". I( was nice and listened intently to their datribe about how their Hardleys were "so" fast. I never let on about how the R3 would spank 'em.

On the way up I got a chance to spank a V Rod. I didn't have to try very hard. 'bout an eighth turn of my right wrist.

I averaged about 35 mpg for just under 800 miles, 2/3rds super slab at 75-80 and 1/3 -2 lane at around 60.

The Classic is a nice touring bike, rides comfortably, quiet as a mouse. The throttle is somewhat tedious after a few hours. At least 300 miles was in the rain, probably 200 was in a good downpour. The windshield and lowers did an admirable job along with my DryRider, however, a full fairing would have been nice though detracting from the bikes sporty look. It's nice to ride a quiet bike. My Bonnie has straight pipes so if I want noise that comes out of the garage. Besides, there are enough "potato potato" bikes making noise around these parts.

Back