Paul Bryant

Living Legend
Ride
2006 Rocket
I saw this "2007 Rocket Roadster" on a Sales place.
I politely E-mailed the Guy saying that the Roadster didn't come out until 2010.
I got all sorts of abuse back from this Tosser, so perhaps I am wrong, of coarse ! :thumbsup:

What say ye all ?

553493315.jpg

553493329.jpg

553493339.jpg

Yeah, you see 2004-2009 Standards listed as 'Roadsters' all the time on eBay and Gumtree too.
Some may be trying to deceive but others just assume the non-Classic or Touring versions are 'Roadsters' implying stripped down basic versions I suppose.

My Googlefoo is jumpin'

skoota7 Ian from Greymouth NZ is from a fairly remote West coast South Island location with only 13,000 people in the region so it would pay to be polite if he wants to sell it. I saw he was selling a Harley "for a friend" on Trademe a while ago and this one is marked " selling on behalf ,,contact me for a viewing" as well

Triumph roadster rocket 3 2007

Could belong to:
upload_2017-2-7_18-2-59.png

Harley Davidson sportster 2005

Harley Davidson sportster 2005
  • Asking price: $10,500 Or Near Offer
  • Listed more than a month ago
  • Watchlist
Listing #: 1234391994

On Road Costs: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Help/PopUp.aspx?help_id=748 Included
Style: Cruiser
Make: Harley Davidson
Model: sportster
Engine size: 883cc
Kilometres: 7,721km
Year: 2005
Fuel type: Petrol
Registration expires: No Registration
WOF expires: May 2017
this is a perfect example of a immaculate, unmolested sporty ,, almost perfect condition apart from the odd blemish from lack of use , 7721 on the clock but is in miles , hardly run in ,tyres are average as they were on the bike from new I'm guessing, Rego on hold but has wof till May , Screaming Eagle fork brace ,, Selling on behalf of a friend so history of the bike is unknown to me apart from it origanly came from Gore ,,this bike will give years of enjoyment to some one,,,, open to all offers

Photo 1 of 4

View full size photos

Greymouth - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Looks like a Standard to me.
Tell the bodgy drongo dork to stuff a DropBear!

Wrong country for 'dropbears' mate but we shared our possums, redbacks and wallabies with them years ago. Now they make a fortune selling the poor wee possums to Chinese as 'kiwibears'. I have even seen them frozen in the butchers at the local Fyshwick market here in Canberra but I don't think they would be getting $125 a kilo here.

At $125/kg no wonder Kiwis love possums

Paul you need to give us all the information in contacting this fool. All the members here can then politely contact him one by one and just say "The Roadster didn't come out until 2010."

Maybe then he'll see the light instead of giving you or others "all sorts of abuse".

When I'm wrong about something (in which seems to be a daily thing:rolleyes:) I like for someone to show me exactly why I'm wrong. Not go off in a fury and give out "all sorts of abuse".

Of course he might be not telling the truth on purpose to make his bike look better than what he's got to "make more money"..... instead of being a idiot.

NZ$ 10500 for a little 883 Skirtster is way over the to for an unregistered girls bike ,tell him he is dreaming, in Oz you can pick up a 99/2000 1200 skirty for Au$ 9000/10000 with rego if you ever wanted one for your Wife or Daughter at least they have a bit of grunt.

Hmm make me wonder why if you wanted a full wind screen for your Rocket be it Classic, Standard, SE, or Classic Tourer you had to buy a Roadster Screen years before they had the so called Roadster? Someone was thinking these things were Roadsters from the beginning I suspect.

Well it seams that after (possibly) seeing this post here, the Guys come clean.
I got this mail from him, thought he must have been one of those "Harley" types ;)

The bloke I'm listing this for has 2, a 2011 roadster and this one which is just the Rocket 3 ,,, he gave me wrong sale and purchase agreement and I was totally confused by them both ,,, my apoligies but you were right ,, hes keeping his roadster but getting rid of this one ,,, I couldn't tell which is which,,, I don't like them ,, Ive had Harleys the last 30 years apart from early Bonnies and a couple of nortons ,,, they are an impressive whale of a machine but not my cuppa tea ,, Have a good one.

So end of story.

Back