2007 Rocket 3 Motor Trike conversion

Joseph James

.020 Over
Ride
2000 Thunderbird, 1200 Daytona SE
I been checking into making my Rocket into a trike. The old lady isn't getting any lighter and I'm not getting any younger. Motor Trike told me that they built their first conversion kit in 2008 and can't say that it will fit a 2007. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the frames of the two Rockets? I chose Motor Trike conversion because it has independent rear suspension

Thank you, Joe

I been checking into making my Rocket into a trike. The old lady isn't getting any lighter and I'm not getting any younger. Motor Trike told me that they built their first conversion kit in 2008 and can't say that it will fit a 2007. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the frames of the two Rockets? I chose Motor Trike conversion because it has independent rear suspension

Thank you, Joe
I have had a motortrike kit fitted to my rocket and it fitted well, however the welds kept braking leading to me scrapping it all and building my own IRS conversion. If you have any questions drop me a line.

I have had a motortrike kit fitted to my rocket and it fitted well, however the welds kept braking leading to me scrapping it all and building my own IRS conversion. If you have any questions drop me a line.
Thank your reply. How hard was the conversion? Could someone with limited welding experience accomplish this. I've been working on what is now considered old cars and motorcycles for 57 years. I've restored a 1970 Triumph Bonneville, 1974 Trident and I'm restoring a 1972 Ford Maverick. Does the kit come with instructions?
Thank you for your help.

Thank your reply. How hard was the conversion? Could someone with limited welding experience accomplish this. I've been working on what is now considered old cars and motorcycles for 57 years. I've restored a 1970 Triumph Bonneville, 1974 Trident and I'm restoring a 1972 Ford Maverick. Does the kit come with instructions?
Thank you for your help.
I would get a kit from the trike shop in the uk, that is easy to fit the instructions are good and the welding is spot on.

Last edited:
Back