2007 Classic I looked at

Willyone

Supercharged
Ride
2012 HD Road King & 2001 HD Heritage Springer
Hey all, looking for some advice here.

Couple of weeks ago I looked at a '07 Classic now with 22,000 miles on it that was/is on Craigslist. Looked to be in good condition overall but could use some minor TLC, nothing too serious. Seller has lowered the price to $5,200.00. Bags and windshield look to be in good shape, and it has a rider/driver backrest, which I could sure use. I've been looking for a Classic, but with lower miles on it that is similarly equipped but not seeing much out there so, I'm tempted...

Question is.... is $5,200 in the ball park for an asking price?

Thanks in advance for any advice or input!!

Probably on the high end, but I'd go and see it in person and test ride if possible. Check the feel of the 2nd gear transition, also ask if the starter relay has been upgraded. Is bike in pristine condition? A clean bike probably means a well taken care of bike. Are tires and battery new/recently replaced? If not, you will face several hundred dollars expense soon after purchase. Bike is only worth what you are willing to pay for it...chances are the seller might negotiate, especially if you have hard cash. Bought my '07 classic 5 years ago with 13k miles for 7900. Bike is now 10 years old, so I would venture to guess some depreciation is in order.

What Maelstrom said. And some of this might come down to gut feeling. If a ride is possible do it, then decide. I'd be dismayed if I thought I'd have to buy tires just to ride, but I assure you, I will buy them anyway if they are a brand I don't care for. Lots of ways to rationalize if you really want. I also feel the price might be a little high but not ridiculous.

Probably on the high end, but I'd go and see it in person and test ride if possible. Check the feel of the 2nd gear transition, also ask if the starter relay has been upgraded. Is bike in pristine condition? A clean bike probably means a well taken care of bike. Are tires and battery new/recently replaced? If not, you will face several hundred dollars expense soon after purchase. Bike is only worth what you are willing to pay for it...chances are the seller might negotiate, especially if you have hard cash. Bought my '07 classic 5 years ago with 13k miles for 7900. Bike is now 10 years old, so I would venture to guess some depreciation is in order.

Thanks for the reply, Maelstrom. I looked at the bike a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty anol about things motorcycle related so look at things with a somewhat critical eye, but I have limited to no knowledge on the Rockets (45 years of Harley riding here LOL). Bike is pure stock according to the seller (I like that). It's clean and appears to be pretty well taken care of, no dents, scratches, etc. Tires were new last year and prolly have a couple - three thousand miles on them now. I don't know about the battery or starter relay. And yes, test ride will be done for sure as I am concerned about the possible transmission glitch I've read about.

Yes, cash is king. Since I looked at the bike a couple of weeks ago the seller has dropped the price from $6,000 to $5,200. I expect there might be more wiggle room.

What Maelstrom said. And some of this might come down to gut feeling. If a ride is possible do it, then decide. I'd be dismayed if I thought I'd have to buy tires just to ride, but I assure you, I will buy them anyway if they are a brand I don't care for. Lots of ways to rationalize if you really want. I also feel the price might be a little high but not ridiculous.

I'm a believer in gut feeling, and do tend to be over cautious sometimes. Been trying to hold out and be patient and not jump the gun on this LOL.

Look at the color of the brake fluid through the glass sight. If dark and nasty (should be almost clear) would mean no maintance. Check the oil, wipe oil on a white cloth should be a nice Amber color. These would be the easiest tests that you could do very quickly to determine if he did any maintenance.

Look at the color of the brake fluid through the glass sight. If dark and nasty (should be almost clear) would mean no maintance. Check the oil, wipe oil on a white cloth should be a nice Amber color. These would be the easiest tests that you could do very quickly to determine if he did any maintenance.

Yep, I plan on checking the oil, didn't think of checking the brake fluid though..... good thought.

Is he the original owner? Are there service records available? If so maybe not to far off.

Seller says he is the 2nd owner. I should have asked how long he's owned the bike. Didn't ask about service records but will when I talk to him again.

Back