2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Mechanic Needed In C.T.

Miked203

.020 Over
Ride
2005 triumph rocket 3
Hi everybody,
I picked up a rocket 3 a few months ago, Bike was found sitting for about a year and has not been on the road now in probably about 2..

I have used this forum and im very grateful to have access by the way.. to get this bike to the point where it will run now, But i just cant seem to get the bike to idle properly...

Wish I was better navagating through the site as a new member, but im figuring it out as i go..

I would really like to see if there is anybody in the state of Connecticut that would be willing to help me out in person at my home..

I Had a pretty bad experience at a local dealer and its not my style to dump on anybody's business.. but 30 days out and the bike was never touched...

If anybody out there has a interest in helping me out, I would have no problem supplying some cash and a few pops to anybody interested..

I can discuss things alot better over the phone.. Bike is indoors in a garage with a full bank tool box and tune ecu.. im pretty mechanical minded from a automotive application and older evo harleys..Just think i am a little out of my realm with tuning software,dual tps,and a stepper motor..
Any point in the right direction would be appreciated ..

Thanks for reading
Mike

spray all throttle return springs with wd40 or similar.
with key off play with throttle open wide an release should get it to spring back to stop.
have u drained the tank?
the lines or injectors may be plugged with old fuel.
running it may improve the running.

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to add that this bike is a california emissions model with the evap system including 6 vac lines, 2 per cylinder on the throttle bodies with 10k miles showing on odometer

Cleaned up the linkages with wd40 on the throttle bodies and have what appears to be free moving mechanisms..

So far here is a list of items replaced,
Fuel tank was drained and filled partially with 87 octane( did not pull filter/pump assembly)

Replaced vac lines including map sensor larger dia hose. Replaced map sensor

New tps 1 and 2 blue innards/ stepper motor. Used tune ecu and set the primary tps to 60 and stepper to .72 reset adaptation.. playing with the throttle body balancing process now and showing on tune ecu that 1 cylinder is at 940 2nd cylinder at 800 and 3rd cylinder at 800..

Removed throttle body, replaced rubber intake boots, cleaned injectors and installed new rubber orings on each injector.

New spark plugs and crimped new blade connectors.

Cleaned crank angle sensor on belly of motor,

Battery charging and holding between 12.4 and 13.volts per tune ecu reading

I was able to let the bike idle last week for about 10 minutes while trying to adjust balance the throttle bodies and I seem to get a throttle back backfire out of the cylinder next to the primary tps.

Working on this bike has been pretty tough for me, had not had a chance to ride this year.. I feel like im missing something or doing something incorrectly.. would probably jump out at somebody who was familiar with these

Motorcycle is located in east haven c.t. 06513 8 minutes away from exit 55 off I95 or interstate I91

Mike do you know what the dtc code means? If you have the code number post it someone might know what it means can you ride the bike? Is it just the idle or do you have hesitation when you are riding the bike if you have hesitation while trying to accelerate it could be the fuel filter is clogged if not I would try and do the ISCV rest again l am in RI about an hour and a half away

Thank you guys, for the advice.. bike has no dtc codes, not tripping a one..

I also have never driven the bike, just recently, i got the motorcycle to idle somewhat with out the throttle body backfiring and stalling..

I found that one of the boots that hold the throttle body to motor was split, causing a vac leak..

THAT might be your prob, would probably be the back firing prob.

Back