2005 Rocket with carpenter 210 and sidewinder exhaust (which ECU map)

Mark Graham

.040 Over
Ride
20 Triumph Rocket GT. 20 Kawasaki Z H2. 16 KTM
Just wondering when about the correct map. I am having a couple of issues that might be corrected with the ECU. The bike randomly dies at idle (it will idle then and it will backfire through the air filters and then die) and in 5th gear around 3000 rpm there is a constant slight missing. My gas mileage is 22 mpg.

The current ecu that was updated from carpenter is the 20050.

Thanks

Mark Graham

You should check the low tension leads to the coils as the spade connector work loose and will give you a random miss. Not sure if you have a older TPS but it might be getting worn. I would do the coils and a full ISCV reset to see if it clears up. Also clean and lubricate the throttle body linkages and springs and the stepper motor shaft (even under the rubber boot. If it does not remedy the problem I would suspect Primary TPS is failing to repeat and will need to be changed especially if you have the older version.

Also if they sent you the map check and see what the idle rpm is set at in the ECU map.

My name is also Mark and seem to have the same problem my 2005 triumph rocket 3 with the same map 2005 with power commander 5 but I have k and n pods on my intake one pipe exhaust with no cat , how did you fix the problem thanks

Hi Mark,

I contacted Carpenter and talked with Bob. I had the wrong map in the PC5. Bob stated that there should be some minus numbers in the map as fuel has to be taken away. My map when I got the bike back had no zeros and in places was adding 20% more fuel. I also stated that I had a auto tuner on my PC5 and he said to immediately turn it off. He sent me the correct map for the 210 kit and the sidewinder exhaust. I have not loaded the map as now I'll probably wait until spring. He said that it will run better. If you don't have the 210 kit and the exhaust, the map may not work for you as it was tuned with a dyno and leaned out.

My name is also Mark and seem to have the same problem my 2005 triumph rocket 3 with the same map 2005 with power commander 5 but I have k and n pods on my intake one pipe exhaust with no cat , how did you fix the problem thanks

Just wondering when about the correct map. I am having a couple of issues that might be corrected with the ECU. The bike randomly dies at idle (it will idle then and it will backfire through the air filters and then die) and in 5th gear around 3000 rpm there is a constant slight missing. My gas mileage is 22 mpg.

The current ecu that was updated from carpenter is the 20050.

Thanks

Mark Graham
Somebody should Tell Carpenters to stop using the 20050 maps as they are faulty with an unstable idle profile, it is why I transposed all the good tunes I had over to the 20228 (last pre Roadster update) map

HansO,

Were you able to take the 20050 that I sent you and edit it with the 20228? I have a feeling that the PC5 map may not solve my problems completely.

Somebody should Tell Carpenters to stop using the 20050 maps as they are faulty with an unstable idle profile, it is why I transposed all the good tunes I had over to the 20228 (last pre Roadster update) map

Hi Mark,

I contacted Carpenter and talked with Bob. I had the wrong map in the PC5. Bob stated that there should be some minus numbers in the map as fuel has to be taken away. My map when I got the bike back had no zeros and in places was adding 20% more fuel. I also stated that I had a auto tuner on my PC5 and he said to immediately turn it off. He sent me the correct map for the 210 kit and the sidewinder exhaust. I have not loaded the map as now I'll probably wait until spring. He said that it will run better. If you don't have the 210 kit and the exhaust, the map may not work for you as it was tuned with a dyno and leaned out.

Thanks for sharing your information with me for my map I meant to put 20050 not 2005 and I also had it dyno tuned , going to take off power commander 5 than run bike without it than change the map and see what happens thanks

HansO,

Were you able to take the 20050 that I sent you and edit it with the 20228? I have a feeling that the PC5 map may not solve my problems completely.
The map you sent me is a 20222 map which should not give any trouble (I thought I had already told you that) but I will put it on to a 20228 base to see if it improves it

I apologise to to Carpenter's for thinking that they were using a 20050 map base but was going by Marks post where he said it was a 20050 instead of the 20222 which they had used

Back