2005 rocket iii wiring for trailer help needed

Hammerdown72

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 rocket iii
Will be pulling a time out camper with my 05 rocket. Time out has a flat four plug. Can I purchase a flat four plug at auto store and tap into wiring on right side of bike or will I need relay or special kit? I've searched forum and haven't been able to find exact answer. I appreciate the help. I plan on using some tapping clips vs cutting and splicing. Steve

your bike relies on a five wire setup so you will need to use a converter like stated above to get to a 4 plug setup. Preferably with its own power feed and isolation that way it does not burn up your thin stock bike wiring...
http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=115&cat=255&page=2
GL18007-IU_0ffDSC04355bw.jpg

The Rivco one is way overpriced at $70 ,They all do the same job . The one on Ebay is $17 and is just as good.
You may get it cheaper at an auto parts place , and pick up the connectors you need for about $2.
I am sure Harbourfreight has the electronic connector too.

The Rivco one is way overpriced at $70 ,They all do the same job . The one on Ebay is $17 and is just as good.
You may get it cheaper at an auto parts place , and pick up the connectors you need for about $2.
I am sure Harbourfreight has the electronic connector too.
True but it has separate power feed and five mini relays to completely isolate the bike wiring from the trailer...

Buddy did the $17 auto store setup... 6 months later he had to replace the rear wiring harness on his Goldwing.

Last edited:
Back