jimbo9867

.020 Over
Ride
2005 R3 Standard
I have a nearly mint 2005 Rocket with all Triumph accessories including windscreen, soft bags, fog lights, heated grips, running boards, luggage rack, sissy bar and maybe a few things I'm forgetting! It is a very nice bike. The tires have about 3000 miles on them. Now for the bad, I have fought with a high idle issue that I cannot get resolved. I just picked it up from the dealer where it had been since July 3rd. They didn't touch it until about a dozen phone calls. Worst dealer I've ever seen (Triumph of Cincinnati). Anyway, on the way home from picking it up I let off the throttle and lo and behold it's idling at 2200 rpm. This is the second shop I've had work on it. I'm sure there is someone out there who can fix it but at this point I'd really just like to move on. The accessories alone it total over $2000. I'll take $4500 for it. I live just north of Cincinnati.

Wish I was in the States .... I would grab it. My '05 does this occasionally. Goes away when I reset ISCV. Actually having a culpa before I spend the day in the shed to do a full set of settings and lubricated all that movable stuff around the injectors.
Really sorry that your so dismayed that you are moving on .... seems Triumph has got rid of another Triumph rider by being a bunch of pr*ks.

Both of you need a new Primary TPS sensor and then a full ISCV reset and they will run like the beast again.
Thanks Warp for the info. If I knew of a capable mechanic I'd have it done. I'm not comfortable doing more than oil changes! It is a beast for sure, I'm just really frustrated with it.

Wish I was in the States .... I would grab it. My '05 does this occasionally. Goes away when I reset ISCV. Actually having a culpa before I spend the day in the shed to do a full set of settings and lubricated all that movable stuff around the injectors.
Really sorry that your so dismayed that you are moving on .... seems Triumph has got rid of another Triumph rider by being a bunch of pr*ks.
If I shut the engine off then restart it, it will settle down to a normal idle. After a few minutes it starts doing it again. It will run anywhere from about 1500 to 2000 rpm. Thanks for the reply!

i feel your pain, you would think triumph techs would be hip to this by now, or at least triumph corporate would step up. had the same problem for 2 or 3 years and 2 area triumph dealers failed miserably in atemps to figure it out. almost sold mine too. would have but nobody wanted it . got the answer here and the the problem was cured. after you get sick of people who just want a ''test'' ride ,by a tps install it yourself, or have a friend install it ,very easy to do.then take it back to the dealer to reset the icsv.he should do it for free considering his incompetence. and you get to rub in his face the fact that you found the answer online. for the 150 bucks or so youll be amazed how well these bike actually run.

i feel your pain, you would think triumph techs would be hip to this by now, or at least triumph corporate would step up. had the same problem for 2 or 3 years and 2 area triumph dealers failed miserably in atemps to figure it out. almost sold mine too. would have but nobody wanted it . got the answer here and the the problem was cured. after you get sick of people who just want a ''test'' ride ,by a tps install it yourself, or have a friend install it ,very easy to do.then take it back to the dealer to reset the icsv.he should do it for free considering his incompetence. and you get to rub in his face the fact that you found the answer online. for the 150 bucks or so youll be amazed how well these bike actually run.
Thanks for the info. The TPS seems to be the concensus. It's now at another dealership. It has been in the shop literally all summer. I'm beyond being mad about it. Fortunately I have several other bikes so I haven't missed any riding. I have a Yamaha FZ1 that is bulletproof. I change the oil every 3000 miles and put tires on it about every 10000. The couple of months the Rocket was running right it was a blast to ride. If I ever get it running right I'll probably still put it up for sale. The dealer support, at least in my area is essentially non existent. It's too bad because I think Triumph makes some really cool bikes.

Back