2000mile in 2 weeks

pierre

.040 Over
Ride
06 Rocket classic, 94 Ducati 916sp
Hi With all the problems I hear on here thought I would post about the trip I just did.

Ireland to Barcelona Spain and back.
Had a blast, good roads, amazing views and good wine. My 06 classic ran like a dream (one small problem) Did about 2000 miles in two weeks with no comfort issues, two up with my wife and just the standard long haul seat. The bike ran well from chugging over mountain passes, to French auto routes at 90MPH, handled well for a big heavy lump on standard shocks.
Only one small problem, after the first 400miles it struggled to tick over and was a bit temperamental on starting from cold. Figured the injection system was leaning the mixture down with the constant running on partial throttle over long distances, sorted this when I got home by re-setting the adaptations on Tuneecu and yep problem gone away! In future I will disable the O2 sensor (or fit a PCV/AT) for long run's as it seems to lean off the low speed running too much, also started to pop on over run more too.

As a touring bike: kept up with some BMW's no problem.

As a sports bike on the mountain's: Ok its big and needs a bigger lean angle for the same corners than something with smaller tyres, but was a blast and surprised a few.

As a head turner: Brill, everybody wants to look at the monster!

Off to start planning my next trip :D

Pierre (get out and ride them)

Attachments

• Rocket.jpg
    Rocket.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 86
Nice one Pierre, thought about doing much the same but going a bit further south to Maroira.

Wont be this year now though, need to get a health problem sorted first.

Sounds like a great ride! Did you ride down the coast of france and then across to Barcelona or more direct? Been thinking of a similar ride (all the way to Gibraltar though), but I figured the eastern side of france is more scenic. Just wondering how the western side was if you went that route.

Went down the West coast to Bordeaux then into Spain via Pau and the D934 amazing views and a good road for a bike, plan to go over that way :D
Came up the east coast on the way back, not as interesting till you turn inland. I went through the Lott valley and over the Millau bridge, 80mph on a autoroute with the footboards scraping on the deck round the bends (scared a few cars I think)

Both ways have good bits but the D934 over the Pyrenees is amazing.

Have fun
Pierre

Good job Pierre!!
You are a prefect candidate for the RAAs, we just came back and did 2400 miles in 6 days, the only problems with the rocket were my fault:eek:
Great machines we have here!!:)

Pierre,
post some more pics of your trip man.
I know ya got some squirreled away.
girls, rockets, scenery, whatever...
sounds like a nice trip bro,
glad ya'll had a safe one.
skip

Pierre,
post some more pics of your trip man.
I know ya got some squirreled away.
girls, rockets, scenery, whatever...