TorontoRider

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
Hi Friends,

Just wondering if someone has mounted a 200 size tire on their touring. I think it will handle a little better on the turns.
Can someone please advice which 200 size tire will fit well on our R3T.

Thanks...

Hi Friends,

Just wondering if someone has mounted a 200 size tire on their touring. I think it will handle a little better on the turns.
Can someone please advice which 200 size tire will fit well on our R3T.

Thanks...

I fitted one once, can't remember which one, and it did nothing for the handling, pointless. Went straight back to a 180....save your $

Slows steering , not speeds it up, did it for rear wheel traction, with 240 HP, it spun too easy, helps a little
I had a C109, which had a big 240. I used to scrape the foot boards on all the turns. There were no chicken strips on that. On R3T, no matter how much I throw it on the turns, I could never touch the foot boards. Lately I have noticed another thing. I bought this used with 7000 kms on it, when I compared it to a new one in the showroom that seemed lot lower than mine. I checked the rear shock and it is 13.5 inch, looks like the Rider before me had a higher suspension, this could be the reason.
One of the other reasons I want a fatter tire is that R3T looks a bit slim from the back with 180 high profile tire, I think with 200 it will give it the right look.

There are plenty of great threads on here with tire recommendations. Triumph put the 180 on the back to increase handling performance. Maybe you should just go darkside. I have ridden with a couple of Rocketeers that have and I see no loss in performance. The other quick note is putting a 140 on the front.

I just got my bike in April so am putting up with the Metz for now, but changing out the tires is going to happen over the winter.

Mine is an Avon Cobra, front and rear, first set, was 180 rear, more pointed profile quickened the steering some, going to the 200 rear, just for the first day, I could feel the longer distance rolling from one side to another, after that I never noticed. 200 fits, but they had to let the air out to get it on the bike.

Mine is an Avon Cobra, front and rear, first set, was 180 rear, more pointed profile quickened the steering some, going to the 200 rear, just for the first day, I could feel the longer distance rolling from one side to another, after that I never noticed. 200 fits, but they had to let the air out to get it on the bike.
Thanks a lot Tripps. I am going to try a 200.

Back