200 HP Chase Begins .... Now Completed 14 Months In. WooHoo !!

From where you are, I would first load another base tune for your model and year from the tune ecu site and see if it cures the problem. If problem still persists, confirm the vacuum lines to the TBs are connected and to the correct TB. If connected correctly, check plugs for excess fuel saturation or look inside each TB for fuel squirting while turning over the engine or remove the injectors from engines (leave them attached to fuel rail) and attached a clear plastic tube to each injector that allows them to drain into a container and motor to confirm same fuel flow in all tubes while motoring the engine. If all is well, check a each cylinder for spark. If all checks, confirm the crank position sensor if properly installed and functioning. If all this checks out, recheck the cams for proper timing. Just guessing here.
I concurrr. If it has spark in all threes, and fuel in all threes and it's bad... it's a faulty tune, a bad sensor or an ill set cam. Good guesser here too. Now where are Sparky and Robert? Did you mess with the throttle body vacuum caps? Some tips have a tube to the MAP some are capped.

First start was done with the dyno tune I have been successfully running for years. Next we installed the tune Neville sent. All was the same. I believe the TUNE is NOT where the problem lies. You have all given me some real good things to run down. Will be getting to it this weekend.

THANK YOU ALL.

Please keep your ideas coming.

Attachments

• A67E4C95-7A06-441D-97F9-A4D4C7F0F770.png
    A67E4C95-7A06-441D-97F9-A4D4C7F0F770.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 4
Ive mentioned it before and because i love you im gonna mention the compression test again, that simple quick test atleast says the chamber is building pressure and the rings are probably ok(yeaaay) , you are gonna have to change out them plugs before going to tacoma as they are trash after getting flooded with fuel while getting it running. anything i can help with (testers) call me on phone.

Good info guys. Thanks.

I could only see the outlet as the place to hook up pressure tester. I was hoping there was some where easier to hook up. Thought about adding a schreader valve.

I am suspect of my vacuum hose routing. I have removed the charcoal filter and need a smart person to tell me how to reroute or eliminate the vacuum hoses for that.

At the bottom back of the throttle bodies as they sit on the bike (between throttle bodies and cylinder head), there are 7 vacuum nipples.
The 3 circled in yellow are connected to the MAP sensor via a 3-1 collector.
The 4 in blue are the remaining ones which are capped like shown with blanks on non-Cali (afaik) bikes. Cali bikes have the evaporative loss control crap under the left side cover. I assume this is what you mean by charcoal canister. Down there you have to be careful not to mix up the vacuum tubes up with the 2 breather tubes from the gas tank. As long as these evap loss control system vac tubes are blanked off it should be fine. Best removed altogether and nipples blanked like shown here though.
Oh yes and one thing I think I learned is it critical that the MAP tubes are the same internal diameter and length as the stock ones for the vac pulses to reach the MAP sensor right (if replacing them with non-OEM).
1643570394804.png

Last edited:
Thank You Arto. Good info.

I have the 4 blue piped together. Maybe I should cap them off to be sure there is no vacuum leaks.

The 3 in yellow to the MAP. However they may not all be the same length as I had to move some things around. I need to check the MAP hoses.

Back