200 HP Chase Begins .... Now Completed 14 Months In. WooHoo !!

Ok ill try. a compression test is needed. A fuel pressure test is needed, gonna need new crush washers. But the Tune ecu sensor page should be open to check sensor voltages and see where tps is set. .64 ish on tps to start bike. let us see sensor page in tune ecu with key on not running.

Last edited:
Geeeze, it sounds so much like the problems I was having awhile back. Wish I could help, but I wound up changing out so many things, I don't know what the problem was. I just hope for your sake, it ain't internal.

Ok ill try. a compression test is needed. A fuel pressure test is needed, gonna need new crush washers. But the Tune ecu sensor page should be open to check sensor voltages and see where tps is set. .64 ish on tps to start bike. let us see sensor page in tune ecu with key on not running.
Good responses, does seem like tps slipped.

Most of the sound on the video is too quiet for me to hear what you are saying, despite having all my volumes turned up. You all looked fairly happy, so bit hard to learn anything. If IAT is unplugged it will impact fuel mixture. But same on all three.
Sound is fine on my iPad……….spend too much time on the dyno Nev you’re getting a little deaf! I love how these guys are always smiling in the face of adversity, my Rockets got a habit of running ****e but never throwing a code.
Hope you get it sorted soon guys,enjoyed the journey.

Good responses, does seem like tps slipped.
A bad TPS should not kill a cylinder. The TPS only controls the stepper motor. Do you have spark on all the plugs? Are your plug cables all conductive? Are the injector connections clean and well snapped on? Are all sensor connections clean and snapped on good? I recall Lupe having similar issues and ended up having an ill set cam. If this is where you made mods, this might be the problem site.

I am not a motorcycle tech. These questions just arise from common sense. I rode my 2tone with throttle control issues for years. It took Robert Mufasa minutes to fix it. He disconnected the stepper motor, removed butterflies from the throttle bodies, reset both throttle sensors and adjusted the main idle screw. .. done, fixed.

If it were my bike I would be finding out how to take it to Rick at the Triumph shop. Good luck. A well running R3 is very satisfying.

"NOID" light ... I found these things handy. You can check for ignition and fuel pulse. The kits have different types, for different connectors. Find the one that plugs into wire socket on the injector, and it will flash every time it's trying to fire. Same with ignition. Lot's easier than guessing.

I am not that deaf, but get what you mean, have no idea what "closed captions" are, I am a mechanic. If one cylinder is down, it is probably a connector or some such , which was disturbed/damaged during the work.?? Maybe some sh1t in the respective injector??

I am not that deaf, but get what you mean, have no idea what "closed captions" are, I am a mechanic. If one cylinder is down, it is probably a connector or some such , which was disturbed/damaged during the work.?? Maybe some sh1t in the respective injector??
Closed captions is listed as "CC" usually at the top right of the video. It will transcribe what is being said so it can be read at the bottom of the video.

From where you are, I would first load another base tune for your model and year from the tune ecu site and see if it cures the problem. If problem still persists, confirm the vacuum lines to the TBs are connected and to the correct TB. If connected correctly, check plugs for excess fuel saturation or look inside each TB for fuel squirting while turning over the engine or remove the injectors from engines (leave them attached to fuel rail) and attached a clear plastic tube to each injector that allows them to drain into a container and motor to confirm same fuel flow in all tubes while motoring the engine. If all is well, check a each cylinder for spark. If all checks, confirm the crank position sensor if properly installed and functioning. If all this checks out, recheck the cams for proper timing. Just guessing here.

Back