200 HP Chase Begins .... Now Completed 14 Months In. WooHoo !!

Today ( Wednesday) I was able to get the crank ladder back in and properly torqued 20NM then 90 degrees. Got that done just in time to get called into work to fetch a trailer down in Nevada that was forgotten and needed to move ASAP or Sooner. Time and half all day. Oh Yeah !!

Got the cam shims redone for the new NLR cams. 1 was spot on so it stays in place. Had to change the other 11. 6 I could move to another cam cup and 5 had to be replaced with new sizes. Boise Triumph swapped out my old shims for new shims for free. Thanks Joel at B T.

I also made a comparison of the various clutch springs I have. I took the 4 sets of springs to Rekluse Clutch in Boise. Yup they are made right here.
I asked if they could rate the springs for me and how much it would cost. They said the never had anybody ask to do that. Looks like a 5 minute job so lets just do it. They did it for free. Thank You Rekluse Clutch.

Each spring was compressed to the 1 inch working length when installed in the clutch.
Triumph stock spring (yellow paint line) that came out of my 2006 bike: 50.6 lbs.
Triumph stock update kit spring ( blue paint line) that comes in the update kit: 73.0 lbs.
Barnett spring that comes in complete Barnett clutch kit: 84.6 lbs.
Carpenter clutch spring: 94.4 lbs.
I will be installing the Carpenter Springs.

20210919_164002.jpg
20211003_174824.jpg
20211003_171533.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The clutch is back in.

The shim clearance has become a problem. Every time I take the cams out to redo a few shims I get totally different clearances all through the valves.
I have done this 5 times now.
This is very frustrating. Why do I get different clearance numbers when I reinstall the cams ? How do I get it right and keep it right ?

The clutch is back in.

The shim clearance has become a problem. Every time I take the cams out to redo a few shims I get totally different clearances all through the valves.
I have done this 5 times now.
This is very frustrating. Why do I get different clearance numbers when I reinstall the cams ? How do I get it right and keep it right ?
I'll try to work on that video at your house tomorrow.

Back