200 HP Chase Begins .... Now Completed 14 Months In. WooHoo !!

Truth is the weight of the Rocket is the elephant in the room. Power to weight is just plain physics that don't change. The 200 HP kit will give me a very slight edge. Talent will be the deciding factor. Justdad has some serious talent. I'm just a beginner. But the best thing is we are having a TON of FUN. My body has to get old, but I do not.

Expert advice needed. How do I determine which color rod bearing I need ? My con rod journal measured 40.92mm. What is the trick here to get the right con rod bearing ?

Truth is the weight of the Rocket is the elephant in the room. Power to weight is just plain physics that don't change. The 200 HP kit will give me a very slight edge. Talent will be the deciding factor. Justdad has some serious talent. I'm just a beginner. But the best thing is we are having a TON of FUN. My body has to get old, but I do not.
Quit putting your big toe in the sand after 5 years and at least 45 races you ain't no rookie. You'll have to explain your math to me some day weight to horsepower advantage you think I have.

We also need to discuss what weight to horsepower you consider a slight advantage. 😄😄

😆😆😆 This is fun. Now that ZX1400R Bill brought with 200 horsepower beat me three times once it just barely. I figure aerodynamically the ZX1400R is much cleaner and will probably have as much horsepower as Rocket zilla. The ZX1400R is probably easier to launch and shift.

What I won't do is race him in a big head or side wind.....torque is always a winner in the wind.

Consider the following...Mr. Bill and I have raced 45 times on all sorts of bikes. I'm 39-6. We have raced a few bikes in the 45 races. My bike listed first and his listed 2nd.

Thruxton R vs R3. 18 to 1* by our rules I even won that with a better ET 12.416 to 12.448
2009 Thruxton vs R3 4-0
BMW R9T vs R3 2-0
Thruxton R vs Moto Guzzi Sport 9-0
T120 vs Moto Guzzi Sport. 1-0
Thruxton R vs Griso. 1-0
BMW R9T vs Griso. 2-0
Thruxton R vs ZX1400R. 0-3
Tiger 900 vs Griso. 2-2

Fellas I am a total of 24-1 against the Rocket 3 so he needs 23 wins in a row to break even. I not stupid enough to let the tree fall 23 times on me in a row.

😁😁😁
My wife's Honda Civic is faster than a Guzzi...those races don't count...fight on Bill 👊

Ok so my machinist son brought home his really nice micrometer so we could get an accurate con rod journal measurement. Trying to figure out which color bearing to buy from Triumph. You know Red, White or Blue. I could not find any color code on the original bearings. So we both measured the journals and came up with 1.6122 inches which converts to 40.94988 mm. That is in the RED bearing range as printed in the shop manual. I ordered a set of 6 RED today from my local Triumph dealer.

Last edited:
All of mine checked out fine within tolerances. How many miles on bike? Asking because I have 69,000 miles and found it odd that everything is within tolerance. All of mine are marked on the side red.
Just changing the bearings because I am in there. Sonny would you please post a picture of the red markings on your bearings ?

Back