20,000 mile service cost

germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Guys, I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row for the purchase of a 2014 R3 Roadster. It has 16,000 miles, so it will be coming up on the 20,000 mile service soon.

What can I expect to pay for this since it includes valve adjustments?

Thank you!

It's quite a bit of work if they do all the items on the 20k list. You could do most of it yourself if you have some mechanical skill. Then let the dealer do the valve, headstock and fork oil change which are a bit more involved!

If you really like/want that bike, Maybe consider getting the service manual and adjust the valves yourself?? That's my plan when I find the right Rocket. I figure between the service manual, you tube, and likely a l'll help from site members here, adjusting the valves and most other maintenance items will be doable.

I'm fairly mechanical, as long as I have instruction. I'm thinking I could do much of it myself, but the internal stuff makes me nervous!

Doing the valve check isn't as critical at 20K miles unless there are ticking sounds or really poor performance of fireballs coming out the exhaust. If she is running well and smooth you can probably extend that to 30K miles. If you have mechanic skills the valve check/adjustment is very doable yourself. There are many threads on here about how to inspect the valve clearance which rarely needs adjusting. And there are also threads on how to make very simple tools to do shim replacements without removing the cams.

Back