1lean 2 rich cylinders

subtle

.060 Over
Ride
04 rocket 3 trippleK N s (4040) exposed, remapped,deresticted. straight out multiple exhaust
God aye guys. Anyone got some ideas on this one. Took of my standard headers to replace them with a raask 3 into 1 . When I noticed number 1 and 2 cyl exhaust ports had black carbon deposits in the ports ,however number 3 is a light grey colour. Obviously running much leaner. Took Exhaust off my other rocket all 3 same colour carbon deposits, black. I would have assumed a light grey for all, as in the correct colour for an spark plug. Well guys what's your thoughts on the different coloured cyl on the same motor. Injectors , plugs, air leak in manifold ?

I be NO expert, but TPS first came to my mind.
Hopefully one of the gurus will post soon.
Good question - I hope to learn something following thread.

When you took the exhaust system off your other rocket was it a stock exhaust system or did it have equal length header? I also have a 2014 rocket roadster with 1400 miles that I'm having and exhaust built for it by a guy that used to work for Vance and Hines and also worked for D&D out of Fort Worth he says the number 3 or the rear cylinder should have been lighter colored because that is the shortest pipe of the exhaust system and that it would be the leanest running cylinder and the middle would be slightly richer and so on. he told me this before he ever removed my exhaust and then sent me pictures after we had and what he said appeared to be true. Now I'm just the messenger here but this guy has lots of experience in land speed records and all types of motorcycle and automotive racing his name is Brad Corn of Brads fabrication. Any other tuners can chime in with their opinion.

God aye guys. Anyone got some ideas on this one. Took of my standard headers to replace them with a raask 3 into 1 . When I noticed number 1 and 2 cyl exhaust ports had black carbon deposits in the ports ,however number 3 is a light grey colour. Obviously running much leaner. Took Exhaust off my other rocket all 3 same colour carbon deposits, black. I would have assumed a light grey for all, as in the correct colour for an spark plug. Well guys what's your thoughts on the different coloured cyl on the same motor. Injectors , plugs, air leak in manifold ?
Good question, wish I had the answer but one of the R3 gods on here will have.

let me take a guess compression diff,coil diff, valve clearance diff,leaky injectors,throttle plate diff,debris in injectors. after you check out these i will come up with some more:sneaky::banghead:
if it was running you might be able to use a thermal gun to see the diff.

let me take a guess compression diff,coil diff, valve clearance diff,leaky injectors,throttle plate diff,debris in injectors. after you check out these i will come up with some more:sneaky::banghead:
if it was running you might be able to use a thermal gun to see the diff.

Holy Moley!!!
Bet that was more than bargained for!

Last edited:

IMG_32951.jpg

sorry for those reply screw ups but I'm out in the middle of nowhere and my phone doesn't get real good reception anyway the picture of the cylinders and the head exhaust ports you can see that the right one is darker than the middle and then of course the one on the left is the lightest but the bike only has 1400 miles on it

When you took the exhaust system off your other rocket was it a stock exhaust system or did it have equal length header? I also have a 2014 rocket roadster with 1400 miles that I'm having and exhaust built for it by a guy that used to work for Vance and Hines and also worked for D&D out of Fort Worth he says the number 3 or the rear cylinder should have been lighter colored because that is the shortest pipe of the exhaust system and that it would be the leanest running cylinder and the middle would be slightly richer and so on. he told me this before he ever removed my exhaust and then sent me pictures after we had and what he said appeared to be true. Now I'm just the messenger here but this guy has lots of experience in land speed records and all types of motorcycle and automotive racing his name is Brad Corn of Brads fabrication. Any other tuners can chime in with their opinion.
Thanks Mate that's sounds like the goods. The second rocket had equal length headers and was all the same colour . Swapped the exhausts over . Will knock up a quick 500 k s and pull the exhaust and check out the colouring.

Back