190hp with a tune and air filter? Stage 1

That seems overly simplistic, based on my extremely limited knowledge of tuning. I'm looking forward to hearing from those of you that truly understand this stuff, including @Penner.

@Vector have you done this?
I am downloading the software in computer and will open penner map like the guy did in his computer and see the throttle value in penner map.

I am downloading the software in computer and will open penner map like the guy did in his computer and see the throttle value in penner map.
The @Penner map is super and his efforts and charity should not go unnoticed.

I ran his tune for a week prior to installing my Carpenter header and was extremely satisfied. Good luck opening that on a computer, unless it is a Chromebook.

Time to stop bench racing… 😇. Just install the tune and give it a whirl. You can always flash back to the stock tune if you don’t like it.

That seems overly simplistic, based on my extremely limited knowledge of tuning. I'm looking forward to hearing from those of you that truly understand this stuff, including @Penner.

@Vector have you done this?
I do not pick up the R3 until Thursday. I plan to ride it for a while before I decided if it needs more power. My understanding is Triumph by the factory map limited the full capacity of this amazing motor. I am assuming I'll like it stock.

I do not pick up the R3 until Thursday. I plan to ride it for a while before I decided if it needs more power. My understanding is Triumph by the factory map limited the full capacity of this amazing motor. I am assuming I'll like it stock.
Stock is good, but once it's past warranty load @Penner 's tune and you'll realize what you've been missing. Enjoy your 3R- I know you will!

ok, here is Penner map, its already opened to 100% throttle and lots of people have only 20-25bhp gain at rear wheel after penner map. so ROCKET is not HEAVILY restricted as that youtube guy is saying. Only way to get more after Penner map is to get stage1 or stage2 supercharger or something.

s6GSTBt.jpg

ok, here is Penner map, its already opened to 100% throttle and lots of people have only 20-25bhp gain at rear wheel after penner map. so ROCKET is not HEAVILY restricted as that youtube guy is saying. Only way to get more after Penner map is to get stage1 or stage2 supercharger or something.

s6GSTBt.jpg
I think (?) what you're saying is that the guy in the video was describing what @Penner did. Either way, it shows the stock tune IS heavily restricted. 20 - 25 hp is nothing to sneeze at with a simple log in to TuneECU. More importantly, the bike runs smoother throughout the gears.

I found the stock tune a bit boggy in the lower gears before adding his tune. I really don't care about HP as much as torque and that is where I definitely felt a difference.

My Roadster dynoed at 206 HP and 181 torque after @Neville Lush cams and pistons. The lighter 3R holds its own. After Penner's tune I'm just fine enjoying what the (nearly stock) bike has to offer.

I think (?) what you're saying is that the guy in the video was describing what @Penner did. Either way, it shows the stock tune IS heavily restricted. 20 - 25 hp is nothing to sneeze at with a simple log in to TuneECU. More importantly, the bike runs smoother throughout the gears.

I found the stock tune a bit boggy in the lower gears before adding his tune. I really don't care about HP as much as torque and that is where I definitely felt a difference.

My Roadster dynoed at 206 HP and 181 torque after @Neville Lush cams and pistons. The lighter 3R holds its own. After Penner's tune I'm just fine enjoying what the (nearly stock) bike has to offer.
i wish to get 200bhp at rear wheel with minimum modifications, thats why i started this thread because the german shop is claiming to get 190hp

i wish to get 200bhp at rear wheel with minimum modifications, thats why i started this thread because the german shop is claiming to get 190hp
Sounds like it depends how you measure it- see @Penner 's response. Not sure how much you'd squeeze out with a "sport filter" and the other changes they mentioned. As someone who has been caught up in the past with the need for more speed (my '11 Roadster), it's not for me to judge.
Go for it- be safe out there....

When it comes to this computer stuff, im completly out of my league. I dont understand it all. I like the end results of a better running bike, but thats as far as it goes with me.
With that said, can these maps work on a 23 model?

When it comes to this computer stuff, im completly out of my league. I dont understand it all. I like the end results of a better running bike, but thats as far as it goes with me.
With that said, can these maps work on a 23 model?
absolutely, Almighty Penner map all they way :D

Back