rayjay

Nitrous
Ride
2012 roadster
The Rocket engine and the Thunderbird engine don't get used in other bikes
I guess there's not much they can do with the 2300cc engine
But you would think that Triumph would find a new home for the 1700cc unit
They find different homes for most of the engines in the range. The was a post earlier
were the Bonnie was mentioned
How about a big Bonnie with the 1700cc lump :cool:

Ray

With the bonnie's traditional bench style seat? Hmmm. Interesting thought. One thing for sure...it'd be a beast, and hard as heck to stay in the seat when heavy accelerating.

Contrary to what others may say, I don't find the Bonny lacking in power. Sure, it's not going to win any drag races, but it's got plenty of juice. Additionally, like the Rocket and other models, there is plenty of room to juice up the Bonny. There's a bore kit for it and other ways to juice it up. But again, I think they have plenty of power. I wouldn't do anything to mine other than what I've already done (TOR pipes and Arrow 2 into 2 tune).

You're right...they're very peppy! We also have a 05 speedmaster (similar platform as bonnie) and it's plenty peppy. On my 1600 TBird I can walk away from the speedy, but it hangs in there like a champ for a while. Power:weight of those bonnie's are no joke.

I have to disagree on using the new Bonnie and power in the same sentence. They do have all the power that anyone ever NEEDs, I will give you that. So does a KYMCO Venox 250 ( an impressive little bike, I might add!).

I had a 2001 Bonnie most of last year while my Rocket was down. It's a fun bike, but the term 'power' never crossed my mind when I was riding it.. :) Of course, it was the 790cc/carb version with no mods so there was room for improvement.

I'm not ragging.. I really would like to get me one to go along with the Rocket.. They get at least a good 20+ MPG more than my Rocket.. :)

A big lump in a Bonnie would change its whole character. A Bonnie's a Bonnie, same as a Rocket's a Rocket. Why not put the 1700 in a Rocket while you're at it? Sort of defeats the purpose of having these bikes. Rather than shoehorn the engine somewhere it don't fit, Triumph should focus on making a T'Bird tourer and/or a T'bird chopper or bobber, T'bird whatever, but leave the Bonnie as a Bonnie.

I like the Bonnie..but i wouldn't describe it as powerful in stock form..perhaps more
like adequate. You would have thought Triumph would have put the big twin into
something else by now. Considering the cost and development of an engine
Maybe they have something in the pipe line.
Pump the Bonnie up stretch it make it a bit taller..fire that big twin at it ;)
And the same with the Thruxton :cool:

Ray

Wait till you blokes get to experience the new 1200 engine that's in the Explorer . Now one of those stuffed into a Thunderbird ... why would you bother i guess. Was out demo riding with a bloke i work with today ... riding BMW's. I rode the 1200gs and i reckon the Explorer is a far better machine ... hooligan grin wise anyway. The BMW engine seems sedate compaired to the Triumph 1200. Maybe Triumph will shove the 1200 engine into a Speed Triple ... man now that would be a weapon!!!!! I reckon leave the Bonnies alone , they are what they are and appeal to those that buy them... some nostalgia thing im sure.

I just want a Diavel . I'm on a mission I must have one . Triumph can switch and change all they like but I have the trumpy I want the mighty rocket III . Now I need the super slick Diavel and the stable will be complete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back