Anomaly

.060 Over
Ride
2015 R3T
So, I'm still building out my R3T exactly how I want it, and seeking a bit more performance. Right now, I upgraded to a Dain 3-to-1 slip-on, PCV (no dyno tuners using TuneECU), and a RamAir kit. Right now I dyno'd 145hp, 151ft/lbs, not bad considering it's at the wheel and minimal upgrades, but I want a bit more.

0lBHU9O.jpg

I know some may see this as dumb, but I don't want to change the exhaust. I'm satisfied with the sound and volume of the stock headers (albeit restrictive) and the Dain slip-on.

Ideally I'm looking for a power on demand upgrade rather tham a full-time power upgrade so I started looking at Nitrous kits. Even having it professionally installed in Dallas, NOX seems risky for the engine. I'm not wsnting to drop a whole lot into performance upgrades since I don't really ride my bike hard (it's my DD) but it would be nice to have a bit more power whem I want to show off. Also worth noting I'm also trying to negate some of the comfort upgrades I made, like my stereo system. The pods, aren't so much a hinderance, but the subwoofer adds a bit of weight.

So, I'm still building out my R3T exactly how I want it, and seeking a bit more performance. Right now, I upgraded to a Dain 3-to-1 slip-on, PCV (no dyno tuners using TuneECU), and a RamAir kit. Right now I dyno'd 145hp, 151ft/lbs, not bad considering it's at the wheel and minimal upgrades, but I want a bit more.

0lBHU9O.jpg

I know some may see this as dumb, but I don't want to change the exhaust. I'm satisfied with the sound and volume of the stock headers (albeit restrictive) and the Dain slip-on.

Ideally I'm looking for a power on demand upgrade rather tham a full-time power upgrade so I started looking at Nitrous kits. Even having it professionally installed in Dallas, NOX seems risky for the engine. I'm not wsnting to drop a whole lot into performance upgrades since I don't really ride my bike hard (it's my DD) but it would be nice to have a bit more power whem I want to show off. Also worth noting I'm also trying to negate some of the comfort upgrades I made, like my stereo system. The pods, aren't so much a hinderance, but the subwoofer adds a bit of weight.

YOU cant make MAX power with out the proper exhaust system CARPENTER has 2 systems that will give you 165 t0 175 hp and they only weigh 10 lbs for a nice weight savings

MODERATOR NOTE: The person who says it can't be done may step aside while someone else is doing it. Specifically, Lush Racing *has* and can do the power you're talking about with the stock headers.

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU cant make MAX power with out the proper exhaust system CARPENTER has 2 systems that will give you 165 t0 175 hp and they only weigh 10 lbs for a nice weight savings

Not looking for max, just a bit more. If it comes down to no other option than upgrading the headers, I'll probably do the Paul Bryant headers. I hear the Paul/Dain combo is sufficient for performance upgrades without changing the sound too much.

Jury still out on the noz. Bin mulling it myself for a while now , if you go that route make sure it's a low pressure wet delivery system .
The noz installers will tell you any crap to get your custom and I'm sure many excuses when your engine let's go !
The safest low pressure delivery system will gain you around 25 extra ponies at a cost of around a grand installed , plus the extra cost of bottle refills etc , it doesn't last long !
Doing the maths , a good header and pipe combo with induction upgrade and decent tune will give you far better figures safely for , in the long run less money ! It's cool to have that bottle strapped to the side of your bike , but performance wise and longevity of the engine , the header , pipe and intake mod makes more sense ! :thumbsup:

0lBHU9O.jpg

Personally I would leave her alone but hey its only money and well after you break her its only more money. Ride and enjoy her!!!!!!

Not looking for max, just a bit more. If it comes down to no other option than upgrading the headers, I'll probably do the Paul Bryant headers. I hear the Paul/Dain combo is sufficient for performance upgrades without changing the sound too much.
YOUR going to buy a complete exhaust but just get a bit more why not get ALL the power for the same price or less ?

I'm less concerned about power as I am the look, sound, and feel of my bike. I understand that videos don't do full justice, but from what I've seen I prefer the Dain exhaust over the Carpenter setup. Perhaps someone in Texas has the carpenter so I can meet them and hear it in person. But from what I heard while researching exhausts, I preferred the sound of the Dain slip-on.

While I may not utilize the performance gains every time I'm on the R3T, the sound is something I will encounter each time.

I'm less concerned about power as I am the look, sound, and feel of my bike. I understand that videos don't do full justice, but from what I've seen I prefer the Dain exhaust over the Carpenter setup. Perhaps someone in Texas has the carpenter so I can meet them and hear it in person. But from what I heard while researching exhausts, I preferred the sound of the Dain slip-on.

While I may not utilize the performance gains every time I'm on the R3T, the sound is something I will encounter each time.
IMHO the only thing that sounds better than Carpenter exhaust, is when the DJ says "Gentlemen, next on the stage is Cinnamon!" :inlove

Nitrous is very interesting route looks like easy power to me
does it wreck your engine ? I guess it can if not done properly ..so do it properly
the way I see it your engine has a finite amount of life in it ..and by running nitrous your just cashing it in a little quicker
your motors not gonna last forever anyway

if you do fit the nitrous would be interested in how you get on

I gotta say .... the sound of the carpenter is something special.
I just got back from Laconia bike week, was only down there for a day and I kid you not I had at least 15 separate people come up ans say ...."Your bike sounds awesome". Some of these had harleys whose sound I've always lusted after.

Not to mention the crowd that gathered while the dyno guy was running a power pull.

To others I would recommend the baffle option as it is a touch over the top. But seriously, the video clips did not do it justice, Others I'm sure can back me up.

Back