141 rear wheel BHP.

Mikethepie

Who dares - gins.
Ride
Standard - ish! R3
2009 standard (was sold it as a 2010 classic)
Cycleworx exhaust system but with original headers.
Ramair kit.
PCV.
o2 sensor eliminator.

Run on dyno at Dynoworx, Ashburton New Zealand @141 RW BHP 1/2/2019
Much more responsive, has eliminated pretty much all the excessive backfiring when coming off the throttle.
Fuel economy has dramtically improved, on way down warning light came on at around 200km, on way home I filled up at 240 km with no warning light, although the ride was pretty rough with rain and v high winds.
Highly recommend having your bike set up on a dyno by someone who knows their s***t. Very impressed.
Thanks @Tal for coming down, great to meet you, thanks for all your help and the wine went down very well. Panniers have just arrived, o2 sensor also!
seems red is the colour to have then!! lol.

Had a good day Mike despite the strong gusty North west winds on my ride down to Ashburton. Its good that you had the bike on the dyno as the tune you had was very lean low down as many of them are...she sounds real nice with those triple cans. A great ride home to my place and i enjoyed meeting you too Brutha. Glad you got home safe and sound cos the rain and wind got worse shortly after you left...i think it was following you...it just swept by cos it calmed again later.
Hope the head is ok after sucking on that bottle of Black Currant!
...Red is a good colour, but if it's torque you want..then get a black one with red stripes!..:thumbsup:

My motor revs peak out 5700...Mikes revs out at 6300...my torque was higher when Andrew overlaid my graph over Mikes. Mike has a stock header too so would be interesting if he had a decent header on it.
I asked Andrew why when i had my bike on the Dyno at the bike show it measured 153.5 RWHP and on the Dynoworks dyno it measures 135RWHP. He said the dyno at the show was an old ratty dyno and the dynoworks dyno is a modern dyno which would probably be more accurate. I have to agree. Either way i'm happy with my tune. Im getting about 15km per litre of fuel, a nice smooth pull through the whole range and no decel pop.
The HP at the end of the rev range dosnt get used....on my bike anyway...its the torque i want.
You gotta get down the Chris and get a nice tune in her...it might just be running a bit lean too.

Last edited:
Must be the mesh bear claw that gave it the extra over, @Tal.

Making me think I need to get mine done on that dyno. Anyone have a power commander they are willing to loan to me???

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Recommend you do, you'll notice the difference straight away, well worth it, but you guys can keep all that traffic and roadworks!

Mate that's the price you pay for for living in a city the has experienced some of the world's fastest ground exceration ever.

Next time your down this way well have to go to a ride to Akaroa thats a fantastic ride.

Mate that's the price you pay for for living in a city the has experienced some of the world's fastest ground exceration ever.

Next time your down this way well have to go to a ride to Akaroa thats a fantastic ride.
Sounds good, next time will be when i have the supercharger dialled in.... bwah ha ha ha (my best Dr Evil laugh)

Back