14 R3R w ramair only

Mhboldt

.040 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket Roadster
I bought a 2014 Roadster, and the po installed a ramair intake with the factory exhaust. Is there a tune for this? I just got my USB cable from across the pond, so I'm new to rockets and tunecu both. Is there a reason to retune without a freer breathing exhaust? Thanks!

it plugs into the air flow sensor under the tank, so your tune should be pretty good. that's the great part about the ram air as opposed the triple k/n set up.

Without changing the exhaust too, you should be good with the stock tune.
Do the 12 minute tune, Waiting on exhaust system to drop a new tune but the Ramair after installation should at a minimum get the big 12. :):):):):):):):) Since you bought the bike used you have no idea if that was done or not.

what Sonny said.....run the motor on idle....don't touch the throttle at all...wait tor the fan to start and let her idle for twelve mins....

I bought a 2014 Roadster, and the po installed a ramair intake with the factory exhaust. Is there a tune for this? I just got my USB cable from across the pond, so I'm new to rockets and tunecu both. Is there a reason to retune without a freer breathing exhaust? Thanks!

i have the same bike; interested in your feedback on it runs after the 12 minute idle- please share your thoughts

i have the same bike; interested in your feedback on it runs after the 12 minute idle- please share your thoughts
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I just saw this comment. I ran the 12 minute tune, but am not really happy with the results. Now when I am slowing down from a hard run, I occasionally get a backfire from the intake area. Mileage is about the same, no noticeable difference in drivability or idle. When I save up enough pennies ill opt for a new exhaust and a tune.

I rode mine for about two months with just the Ramair (was waiting on pipes). Did not notice much of a change with just the Ramair. With tune, pipes and Ramair big difference. :):):):):):)

usually the backfire can be fixed by adding a small amount of fuel in the low end of your tune....it will decrease the pop

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I just saw this comment. I ran the 12 minute tune, but am not really happy with the results. Now when I am slowing down from a hard run, I occasionally get a backfire from the intake area. Mileage is about the same, no noticeable difference in drivability or idle. When I save up enough pennies ill opt for a new exhaust and a tune.

Back