14 miles without remapping cause damage?

CvSisinthehouse

Supercharged
I bought some Jardine pipes for my '06 Classic and would like to put them on myself. I wouldnt have a clue how to tune the bike, I will let my local shop handle that. Would I do permanent damage if I rode it the 14 miles to the shop without touching the tuning?

Thanks,

This is a fuel injected motorcycle. It has a o2 sensor so it will not lean out under normal riding. Now if you start riding it like ape **** with out a tune it could cause some issues in the reaches of what could be thought of.

+1 on Terminator's comment. Ride like a sane person and you should be just fine.

Learning to use TuneECU is a benefit for more than just tuning. It's a great diagnostic and repair tool.

You'll be fine riding it somewhere to get it tuned. If you're taking it to the dealer, Triumph's TOR tune does not provide enough fuel to run Jardines. You will need a Power Commander, Dobeck, etc.. Or used TuneECU or TuneBoy to get it right.

I have run Jardines for years now, and run a DynoJet Power Commander III for fuel mamagment. I took mine to a dyno tune shop (most all are familiar with DynoJet products) and had them tune it. DynoJet also has a Jardines fuel map on their site that is a good starting point.

I bought some Jardine pipes for my '06 Classic and would like to put them on myself. I wouldnt have a clue how to tune the bike, I will let my local shop handle that. Would I do permanent damage if I rode it the 14 miles to the shop without touching the tuning?

Thanks,

If you want, you can drop down here to Fredericksburg and I will load a tune for you. There is a tune on the TuneECU site created by PowerTripp that is somewhat close to your setup. If you are mounting the exhaust, you might as well go ahead and do the pod filters as well.

Rocket III, without catalyst, Jardine exhaust, 3 K&N air filters 2780, Fuel up to E10, Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel,

Tdragger

Hey Tdragger, I think that sounds like a plan. I got some family down that way and the wife could hang out with them while I come visit you. Now I am wondering if I should wait to put on the Jardines at your place. Can you PM me your phone number and I will call you Thursday or Friday? Thanks,

use two new copper gaskets between exhaust flange, and engine per port with those jardines. Get 6 copper gaskets.

Back