Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Met up with a mix of bikes today and headed out for adventure! The mix was quite interesting:

2006 GXSR-1000 - Two of them
Me + Mufasa
New Yamaha R3
2001 Honda F4i
FZ-07
V-Strom 650
2007 ZX-10R
2005 CBR1000RR

Headed out doing 360 miles at good pace, though we took lots of breaks as no one has really done big mileage yet this year, so working back up to it. Rode from Olympia to Seattle, met up with some of the guys then headed over highway 2 to Leavenworth.

Stevens pass... omg its amazing!!
32349335_2124858587529400_8819537324531515392_n.jpg

leavenworth ride.jpg

After that shot, the Vstrom rider didn't want to lead anymore (he knew the route the best), as he felt like he was holding us back in speed, I waited about a minute while everyone pointed at each other to lead lol. I thought to myself "Self, you should lead, if ever there was a time you should feel comfortable hauling ass on a group ride as lead, its today!".

Off we go at a ... uh... spirited clip down the pass, into the crazy curvy back roads along 2. After about 10 minutes at what I'd call, say, 8/10ths effort, I look in my mirrors and see.... 1 of the GSXRs and the ZX-10R, everyone else apparently couldn't hang :roll::roll::roll:

We pull off at a rest stop and wave the others down as they approached so would could take a break together.

Up until this point, everyone kind of gives Mufasa "Huh, nice bike", but you know in that way where its clear what they're really saying is "Oh you ride a cruiser, cute". When everyone pulls in, it's a whole different discussion ahahaha. Holy **** that thing can hustle, OMG your bikes' so fast, I never would have expected a cruiser to corner like that... ahaahahhaah

VALIDATION IS GREAT!

PS: Video is coming, but, hint hint, I dogged the hell out of the F4i through some twisty bits and give him about a 10 bike lead at a high speed run before running him down looool.

Last edited:
It ain't just the bike. Look at Kyle Busch. He could win in a wheelbarrow

Very true sir, very true. Screen capture, chin mounted go-pro, when you absolutely positively can't let that F4i run away:
Annotated right.jpg

A taste of today cruising up Stevens, still have 50+ gigs of footage to review edit, but the ride up Stevens Pass is phenomenal.

Last edited:
Yup, nice ride for sure! Noticed you checking for smokey here and there. I do the same thing, they find the sneakiest hideaways.

Haha yeah it’s an automatic habit these days. Though I’m not sure I would have been able to avoid a “speed pass” that day lol.

Back