10k svc parts list ..

HellFire

Legend
Since I had a little discussion with the kid at L&D over if the valve cover gasket should be replaced after a valve adjust/check, I'm wondering what others had done at their 10k.

Did your dealer replace the gasket on the valve cover during your 10k service when they checked/adjusted the valves?

The dealer in Maine didn't even open up and inspect the valves. He did the "listen test" and decided there wasn't a need.

My R3T is in the shop for the 20K now with another dealer and am wondering if they'll inspect them this time (though it's not called for).

I will be taking mine in 2 weeks with a check list. I will hand him the list and ask for a initial beside each item and the rubber stamp at the bottom. He may not want to do it but at least he will know I am attentive.

I did my own. But the service manual says to replace if necessary. Same for the cover bolt seals. I have replaced the bolt seals every other time the cam cover has been off. Check to see if they used silicone on the head side of the four "D" sections of the cover. Manual requires that also.

..Manayunk in Phila replaced mine ($34.07)..the spark plugs ($21.00)..9 cam cover seals ($$40.77)..changed the oil and filter, checked the valves (all were within specs)..updated the Triumjph tune with their version of the performance tune (that was before I installed tune boy)..I felt that $692.95 for the 10,000 miles service is a big chunk of change, for me at least, but it is what it is..I wanted it done mostly for documentation purposes in the event I might need it down the road..

Back