10k service cost?

bsn06

.020 Over
I asked this question at the bottom of another thread but thought I'd see what response it would get on its own.

Dealer tells me $400+ oil and filter for the 10k service. Does that sound about right to you? I'm calling another dealer a couple hundred miles away to see what their price is tomorrow am to compare.

bsn06 said:
I asked this question at the bottom of another thread but thought I'd see what response it would get on its own.

Dealer tells me $400+ oil and filter for the 10k service. Does that sound about right to you? I'm calling another dealer a couple hundred miles away to see what their price is tomorrow am to compare.

That sounds about right. I paid about that for mine and some of our members have been quoted a much higher price. The oil and filter are stupidly expensive. This service includes a valve adjustment, which takes a bit of time.

bsn06 said:

That's about right. That's really not a bad price for the 10,000 mile service schedule.

Native One

bsn: Watch the weather because it is snowing here today and probably headed your way in Boerne! I copied and pasted the weather for Boerne if you are still there for today and tomorrow morning!

Today: A chance of showers before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 34 by 5pm. North northeast wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tonight: Occasional rain before 8pm, then occasional freezing rain. Low around 30. North wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Rain or freezing rain likely before 9am, then a chance of rain between 9am and 11am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 54. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible

Native One

NativeOne said:
bsn: Watch the weather because it is snowing here today and probably headed your way in Boerne! I copied and pasted the weather for Boerne if you are still there for today and tomorrow morning!

Today: A chance of showers before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 34 by 5pm. North northeast wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tonight: Occasional rain before 8pm, then occasional freezing rain. Low around 30. North wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Rain or freezing rain likely before 9am, then a chance of rain between 9am and 11am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 54. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible

Now why does this give me some type of enjoyment.

Native One
:D

LMAO! Yea, and you should see these drivers struggle! I should have stayed home under the covers! EGADS! :cry: Idiots!

Native One

John, thanks for the heads up, but I'm still in El Paso, won't be headed east for a couple months yet. It was ~70 and sunny over the weekend, now 55 and windy as hell here.

We're headed to Greune the first weekend of June, looping around Ballinger on the way down and then headed back through Del Rio, Alpine, and Marfa before catching the freeway at Van Horn.

For what it's worth...my dealer has only encountered one Rocket that needed any adjustment...and that was at the 20K service, so the 10K service should really only be the oil/filter change.

Back