Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
Well I’ve turned past the 10 grand mark and all is well. I did the rear brake bleed recall just for safety even though I had no issues. I’m still very much in love with the bike. I just put on my third rear tire.:rolleyes: Both generations of Rockets eat rear tires but I love it. Who else has high miles on the 2.5l bikes?

I just replaced my back tire at 9k, which I find to be too low for a $400 dollar tire. Love the heck out of the bike though. Been riding the GT with no flyscreen, with mid controls. Basically an R with GT bars at this point.

Well I’ve turned past the 10 grand mark and all is well. I did the rear brake bleed recall just for safety even though I had no issues. I’m still very much in love with the bike. I just put on my third rear tire.:rolleyes: Both generations of Rockets eat rear tires but I love it. Who else has high miles on the 2.5l bikes?
Congrats!
Did the dealer agree to do the brake bleed or was it included in the recall?
Asking coz my dealer said my bike isn't in the recall but the rear brake sucks a bag of d!cks, and not sure what to do. Thanks

Congrats!
Did the dealer agree to do the brake bleed or was it included in the recall?
Asking coz my dealer said my bike isn't in the recall but the rear brake sucks a bag of d!cks, and not sure what to do. Thanks
What does yours feel like? Mine isn't included in the recall either, but it feels "soft" for lack of a better term, though, it's always felt that way, so I have nothing to compare it to for this bike.

I had mine bled and they have since felt nice and firm. They were soft and squishy--no brake pedal should feel soft and squishy. Get yours bled, bring it up to your dealer as a safety concern and they should do it for free.

Last edited:
What does yours feel like? Mine isn't included in the recall either, but it feels "soft" for lack of a better term, though, it's always felt that way, so I have nothing to compare it to for this bike.
As Jackrotten said, it was soft and squishy, and felt that my foot had to push far down for it to work, and it even got worse if pressed repeatedly like in slow traffic...etc.
Anyway, passed by the dealer today and had the service manager try it in their parking lot, he agreed that it drops lower than it should and he said he'll bleed it for me at no cost, knowing that my VIN is not in the recall. He said that he had to bleed a couple that were not in the recall. So will pass by sometime next week for it to be done.

As Jackrotten said, it was soft and squishy, and felt that my foot had to push far down for it to work, and it even got worse if pressed repeatedly like in slow traffic...etc.
Anyway, passed by the dealer today and had the service manager try it in their parking lot, he agreed that it drops lower than it should and he said he'll bleed it for me at no cost, knowing that my VIN is not in the recall. He said that he had to bleed a couple that were not in the recall. So will pass by sometime next week for it to be done.
Good to know! Will drop my dealer also this weekend to have them take a look.

Passed the 20,000 km mark today. Just put new shoes on her (ME888's cos the Avon rear is nowhere to be found). Did have a little electric gremlin with the MIL light coming on several times, Dealer said the fault was due to the brake light being on too long. Still going well!!!

Just called my dealer about it. They don't know of any issues beyond the recall and since mine isn't part of it they would want to charge me to bleed it, etc.. Funny how dealerships work so differently from each other.

Back