BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
Does anyone know of somewhere that sells 1" handlebar clamps or has a spare set laying around for a R3T? I would like to put a cross bar on my risers. Thanks.

Does anyone know of somewhere that sells 1" handlebar clamps or has a spare set laying around for a R3T? I would like to put a cross bar on my risers. Thanks.

Amigo,
I do not follow this.
Please explain further - perhaps some pix?

I'm trying to connect my risers together . Right now they are just two 7" stilts holding my handlebars up.

Ok, i started to jump in then didn't, now i am. you recently posted a pic of your riser setup and the first thing i thought was "that setup cannot be structurally sound". some part will fail as you shift forward under severe braking. you have a ton of leverage at your handlebar grips that would result in failure of something. to me, it looks like the anchor locations would be weak points and no cross-bracing will change that. in fact, adding add'l weight would make it easier to snap off your bolts or risers.
i'm NOT criticizing your fitment choice but just wanted to point out what seems to me a huge safety concern.
just sayin'........

Ok, i started to jump in then didn't, now i am. you recently posted a pic of your riser setup and the first thing i thought was "that setup cannot be structurally sound". some part will fail as you shift forward under severe braking. you have a ton of leverage at your handlebar grips that would result in failure of something. to me, it looks like the anchor locations would be weak points and no cross-bracing will change that. in fact, adding add'l weight would make it easier to snap off your bolts or risers.
i'm NOT criticizing your fitment choice but just wanted to point out what seems to me a huge safety concern.
just sayin'........
Yup - I have to say I agree with a lot of that. Norm, can't you find a set of 7" higher bars and use low risers - Than if you find too much flex - brace the bars themselves (Like Moto Guzzi did on the T3 California bars) - OK it is work - but technically far superior.

Triumph chose to use a spacing that is very uncommon. As a result you either have to build it, adapt another setup by redrilling the top triple, or use Triumph parts from one of the other bikes with the same spacing.

I hear you all. The original idea was to fab up some risers to get my hands up where I want them and then make the bars I wanted. I really like how my set up works. I had 17" apes on my Road glide and I had to take it easy because I could get them to move in the clamp. It took some effort but it was possible. There is hardly any play in mine at all. what there is is from the rubber bushing . Im curious what kind of force would be necessary for a grade 8 bolt to pull apart. There is no play .

Back