Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket iii Touring
New to Rocket family. Love this bike, best bike I have ever ridden and am still learning more about the bike as I go.
So I have slight oil residue on left rear side of engine, looks like source could be coming from up by tank. Have not had services done yet as there is only two authorized dealers here in WA state and they are booked up.
Thoughts?

First of all, welcome - lots of good info here, and also a lot of fun stuff.

It could be a few things causing the oil residue. Can you post a pic of it?

btw, a manual is in my signature.

Enumclaw area. I will grab some pics today as I have been reading all the posts on proper oil level checks in prep for a long ride. Appreciate any help I can get.

How many miles do you have on your 09. You say you haven't had it serviced yet but what service does it need? You aren't too far from the Issaquah dealership. One of our forum members, 1olbull lives in Tacoma and has had services done there.

I had an O9 R3t and loved it but had to part with it because it simply outgrew me as I aged. A good friend has it now.

Enumclaw has been in the news lately as a very nice place to live. I've visited or ridden through quit a few times.

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand.

I have an 06 classic with the same issue but not enough to concern me.

Even had the motor out last year for the second gear slip and it still has the small amount of oil residue now.

But what can you say it is a British Built Bike.

Just spray some engine degreaser on the oil clean off and spray the entire engine with WD40 or CRC so the whole thing looks oily.
:thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand.

I have an 06 classic with the same issue but not enough to concern me.

Even had the motor out last year for the second gear slip and it still has the small amount of oil residue now.

But what can you say it is a British Built Bike.

Just spray some engine degreaser on the oil clean off and spray the entire engine with WD40 or CRC so the whole thing looks oily.
:thumbsup::):thumbsup:
Roger that, WD40...

How many miles do you have on your 09. You say you haven't had it serviced yet but what service does it need? You aren't too far from the Issaquah dealership. One of our forum members, 1olbull lives in Tacoma and has had services done there.

I had an O9 R3t and loved it but had to part with it because it simply outgrew me as I aged. A good friend has it now.

Enumclaw has been in the news lately as a very nice place to live. I've visited or ridden through quit a few times.

Back