08 R3T, TORS - Best Tune?

signery

Standard Bore
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
OK, finally decided to start making changes to my R3T. Installing TORS in the morning. Air intake, for the moment, is stock. Thinking of adding Paul's crossover pipe as well, but for now the stock pipe will be there.

Looking for best tune to unrestrict. My kid on the back likely doesnt want a lot of popping. Do want secondaries to be open.

What should I be uploading?

Many thanks in advance to everybody!

Good morning Signery. This is what I did to my R3T 2012. go to the R3T forum, there you will find derestricting and follow up with power-tripps stuff. It worked for me. I installed 20368 map from tune-ecu. I have TORS, installed K&N air filter under the seat. Opened up the intakes under the seat as much as I could. Seems to work really well. I should be putting it on a dyno in the near future. Right now I'm getting about 6.6ltr/100km if your interested on fuel consumption city /highway. Hope this helps at least a little. Must and check and see if this tune is good for your year of bike.

Good morning Signery. This is what I did to my R3T 2012. go to the R3T forum, there you will find derestricting and follow up with power-tripps stuff. It worked for me. I installed 20368 map from tune-ecu. I have TORS, installed K&N air filter under the seat. Opened up the intakes under the seat as much as I could. Seems to work really well. I should be putting it on a dyno in the near future. Right now I'm getting about 6.6ltr/100km if your interested on fuel consumption city /highway. Hope this helps at least a little. Must and check and see if this tune is good for your year of bike.

It looks like I will be installing the Power-Tripp tune for unrestricted+TORS - though I keep reading HansO has an updated version of it, I can not find any download link.

Following along. I have an 08 as well with RAM and TORs, debating a crossover pipe. Looking for a tune to let this thing breathe and open the secondaries. Was thinking of using the Nels one on the TuneECU site?

Following along. I have an 08 as well with RAM and TORs, debating a crossover pipe. Looking for a tune to let this thing breathe and open the secondaries. Was thinking of using the Nels one on the TuneECU site?

I believe that is the one you want to try. I don't think many of the others except for that one and the derestricting tune have been dynoed. There is one other one custum tune that was dynoed but I can't recall it at the moment.

This one is on the Tune ECU site. Probably too rich for your bike though with you still having the stock air intake there.

upload_2018-7-14_13-1-35.png

bob

This one is on the Tune ECU site. Probably too rich for your bike though with you still having the stock air intake there.

upload_2018-7-14_13-1-35.png

bob
do you think it could be good for a 2009 R3T with TORS (code A9600211/2 ) and the K&N TB-2204 air filter (underseat) ?

do you think it could be good for a 2009 R3T with TORS (code A9600211/2 ) and the K&N TB-2204 air filter (underseat) ?

IMO it would be a good start. As with any bike and any custom tune the ones online are designed to get you close because we have the approximate same bikes. To get full potential from your bike you need a dyno run and tune by someone who knows what they are doing to tweak it to your bike. With the underseat filter it may still be "off" for your bike. If I were you I would look at a Ram Air or K&N setup for intake filters.

bob

Back