07 classic upgrade question

bigbellyracing

Standard Bore
I have collected the parts to upgrade my 07 rocket classic. I have a d&d exhaust system, power commander, the pod filters to get rid of the stock air box, and also the GI pro. My question is whether or not I need the o2 eliminator for this set up or not? just want to make sure I have everything before I tear in.

I don't know if you HAVE to eliminate the O2 sensor. I know I haven't run one for years with my Jardines/PCIII set up.

I think, with the O2 sensor reading the oxygen levels in your exhaust, your bike's ECU will try and correct the fuel mixture to match what it has stored. The PC-III alters the fuel mixture after the ECU, so your exhaust O2 sensor will think you are running richer than what the ECU is programmed for and try and compensate. That is my understanding.

I have collected the parts to upgrade my 07 rocket classic. I have a d&d exhaust system, power commander, the pod filters to get rid of the stock air box, and also the GI pro. My question is whether or not I need the o2 eliminator for this set up or not? just want to make sure I have everything before I tear in.

Did you know the GI pro is only a gear position indicator with some ECU map applications ??

Just advising here after seeing your list...
If you try to use the GI pro settings with maps that give custom AFR and full ignition advance.. it will confuse everything..

Back