'06 Classic Heel/Toe Shifter to just Toe Shifter

cdlamph

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Triumph R3 Classic
Hello everyone.
Just got an '06 Classic and I hate the heel toe shifter. I've read and read but can't seem to find a solution to it other than hacking the heel off. Any ideas, other than the one I just mentioned?
Initially I wanted to convert to just pegs (as I don't like floorboards either) but got a quote from the dealer that it'll be over $1000 plus labor. I don't think I'll be doing that. Thanks

I used a Tarozzi after market lever from a rear-set kit.- Dropped pretty much straight on.
I did make a new connecting rod with good rose-joints - but otherwise was plug and play iirc.

You might have to buy a pair - but That way you have a spare.
Can't find a photo anywhere - but can take one if you want.

Universal rearsets

Hello everyone.
Just got an '06 Classic and I hate the heel toe shifter. I've read and read but can't seem to find a solution to it other than hacking the heel off. Any ideas, other than the one I just mentioned?
Initially I wanted to convert to just pegs (as I don't like floorboards either) but got a quote from the dealer that it'll be over $1000 plus labor. I don't think I'll be doing that. Thanks

IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0712.JPG

Hello everyone.
I bet I have a complete set of standard rails you could swap out the whole thing. Let me look when I get home to make sure I have the brake line also as they are different. I just came back home from Norfolk where in Virginia are you located?

I bet I have a complete set of standard rails you could swap out the whole thing. Let me look when I get home to make sure I have the brake line also as they are different. I just came back home from Norfolk where in Virginia are you located?
I appreciate that. I've never done such a thing so I'm wondering if it's a straight swap or some modifications need to be done. I'm in Petersburg, just south of Richmond.

I used a Tarozzi after market lever from a rear-set kit.- Dropped pretty much straight on.
I did make a new connecting rod with good rose-joints - but otherwise was plug and play iirc.

Universal rearsets
I checked the site and that may be the way to go if I can't replace the floorboards as well, thanks

I appreciate that. I've never done such a thing so I'm wondering if it's a straight swap or some modifications need to be done. I'm in Petersburg, just south of Richmond.
If Scott has all the parts - it is a quick-ish job. I watched the dealer fit the boards onto mine.

I have the original parts too - somewhere, I think, in a box.

Universal rearsets
Hey barbagris, If you get a chance and can find a pic of your set-up then I'd appreciate it, thanks

I eliminated all the unnecessary linkage and mounted a Bonneville shift lever direct to the splined shaft.
My Shift Board.jpg

Back