eugene

.020 Over
Ride
2005 TR3
Hi There! I'm a newbe looking for feedback on the 2005 Rocket. Found one with 25000 miles on it. How dependable are these bikes? I mostly rode Goldwings but age is telling me to go smaller. Seems to be a nice ride. What advice can you guys/gals give?

Hi Eugene, Welcome from Maine, some of the early Rocket had problems as is the case with all things.

Hoopla

Many of us would stay away from the 04/05 silver engine bikes. Some wouldn't touch anything older than 09. I have an 06 black engine. Been a good bike 40K miles now. The good news is MANY MANY with the 04/05 silver engine bikes have had NO problems at all.

Hi There! I'm a newbe looking for feedback on the 2005 Rocket. Found one with 25000 miles on it. How dependable are these bikes? I mostly rode Goldwings but age is telling me to go smaller. Seems to be a nice ride. What advice can you guys/gals give?
Welcome mate.
My advice is keep it upright:D

'05 silver engine owner here. 33K miles on it (bought it with 22K 3 years ago). Nothing but routine maintenance except a new cam chain tensioner (was discovered when I had the 30K service done), and a new primary TPS. Oh, and a bunch of rear tires...

Hello Eugene and welcome from Virginia, Sorry for my tardy response. I have seen you ask many questions on other threads so I suspect you have a very good feel for the bike by now. Good luck

Back