05 R3 rear TIRE removal disaster!! ANY HELP??!!

Rocketeer4life

Built like a rock
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
Hello all. Ive been prepping my 05 for a engine swap and got everything perfect except for removing the rear tire.....when i attempted to remove this it went terribly astray!!! Does anyone here have any advice to now get this friggin thing off? Triumphs service manual instruction are terrible!
So with the bike lifted I started to loosen and remove the spindle lock nut- turning left. This yielded no results. Further along the more i tried i was noticing my friggin swing arm was bending and flexing inward?!! So panicking i removed what i could with spindle nut still attached-the shocks, tourque bolt, and some other nuts from the left hub of tire...again further no results. Installed the tourque nut and tried turning the spindle nut right ways thinking this was a reverse thread...aghhh!! No better results other than a twisted looking swing arm..
Any advice where to from here? Thanks

Attachments

• 20210418_204645.jpg
    20210418_204645.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210418_201442.jpg
    20210418_201442.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210418_201434.jpg
    20210418_201434.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210418_201429.jpg
    20210418_201429.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Message_1618760837229.jpg
    Message_1618760837229.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 55
I would spray wd40 on it then put socket on it then hit the socket with a hammer it is a normal thread remove counterclock wise.
Better if u place wrench pointing to rear so u have the advantage of your weight. Plus u may need a two foot cheater pipe.
Ps i dought u have the strength to bend that swing arm.
If that doesn't work put some heat on it.

I normally break it loose with the tire on the ground and then raise afterwards. I place a half inch breaker bar on either side and as Turbo said have breaker bar to rear on nut side so I can push down. It is torqued to 110nm so it should not be that hard unless threads are rusted up

I would spray wd40 on it then put socket on it then hit the socket with a hammer it is a normal thread remove counterclock wise.
Better if u place wrench pointing to rear so u have the advantage of your weight. Plus u may need a two foot cheater pipe.
Good ideas. Now is this done with having the other end with the hex or allen hole being kept in place with a tool for resistence? The only thing in there now is a poorly grinded down allen key i had to end up smacking into the crudely striped out hole

Good ideas. Now is this done with having the other end with the hex or allen hole being kept in place with a tool for resistence? The only thing in there now is a poorly grinded down allen key i had to end up smacking into the crudely striped out hole
Yes use a 14mm hex socket and breaker bar resting on the ground to stop the axle rotating

I break the nut loose first
so i turn the nut till the allen wrench starts to turn then i hold the allen wrench ( by putting pipe on it or a large wrench)
while taking off the nut.

Well worked like a charm. Wheel is off and im all prepped for the engine swap!! Thanks again all!
But to add does anyone think its neccessary to replace the swing arm and possibly the axle shaft from extremely being over tightened?

Well worked like a charm. Wheel is off and im all prepped for the engine swap!! Thanks again all!
But to add does anyone think its neccessary to replace the swing arm and possibly the axle shaft from extremely being over tightened?

u might get opinions about the wheel bearings but i would leave them alone.
nothing on the swing arm

Back