05' R3 3,000 rpm vibration -

Thadpole

Standard Bore
05’ Rocket 3 – I have owned for two years. I have a bad vibration at 3,000 rpm’s and stays the higher rpm I go the mirrors are unusable. When let off throttle pull in clutch it goes away instantly. If I drop back down to 2,900 it goes away. The vibration is almost double on the right side. It’s the same intensity on the handlebars and foot pegs. I have dissembled the exhaust system, handlebars and reassembled to try and correct. Replaced front tire and rebalanced. I have taken into local triumph shop – they test rode and had no suggestions for me.

Any suggestions – I have a feeling it might be the catalytic converter its stock

Sounds like when the output shaft bearing went on my 05, does it seem to rock back and forth sideways at idle

If you pull in the clutch and it goes away..you have already eliminated anything to do with the chassis or tires and also anything to do with the engine!
Clutch or trans has to be where the problem is. Did the dealer acknowledge the problem?

05’ Rocket 3 – I have owned for two years. I have a bad vibration at 3,000 rpm’s and stays the higher rpm I go the mirrors are unusable. When let off throttle pull in clutch it goes away instantly. If I drop back down to 2,900 it goes away. The vibration is almost double on the right side. It’s the same intensity on the handlebars and foot pegs. I have dissembled the exhaust system, handlebars and reassembled to try and correct. Replaced front tire and rebalanced. I have taken into local triumph shop – they test rode and had no suggestions for me.

Any suggestions – I have a feeling it might be the catalytic converter its stock

I don't have a solution, but I know how frustrating it can be with a problem like that. I had a 96 Kawasaki Vulcan that had an annoying chirping noise coming from the right side case from 55 up. The faster you went the louder it would get. I tried a full helmet, ear plugs and still couldn't block it out. I finally traded the bike of for a new 98 Valkyrie. I feel for you and hope someone has a solution for you. I recall a post where someone had a problem with several nuts missing on his final drive where the drive shaft bolts up. I can't recall the exact symptom. You might look at that, although it seems like the dealer would have found that. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mine gets a good vibe up at around 3000 , was minimised when i synced the throttle bodies but still present

i don't know about others but mine is a 09 and its smooth as, even up to 180 to 200 which i get to quite often, be interested to see how others get on with this.

Back