Want to Buy 05 classic ehaust

Not to sound belittling to @mbdean55 but you can get the same power out of the shorties sold on new r3 .com if you were to stuff a potato in a couple of your OEM cans.

Not to sound belittling to @mbdean55 but you can get the same power out of the shorties sold on new r3 .com if you were to stuff a potato in a couple of your OEM cans.
That may be true but I never really noticed a drop in power or anything, but to be fair I only had the stock exhaust on for a few days. They're a little raspy but I like them. I just need to put my preds on.

That may be true but I never really noticed a drop in power or anything, but to be fair I only had the stock exhaust on for a few days. They're a little raspy but I like them. I just need to put my preds on.
Ya they do not improve any over the OEM system except for the noise. You will like the Pred's better !!!!!

Ya they do not improve any over the OEM system except for the noise. You will like the Pred's better !!!!!
Oh I can't wait to put them on. I got them through here. Had some issues with the bike (high idle bs) but put it off because I just rode the other bike. The 90% rain this summer hasnt helped. Just looking at the preds in the corner is depressing.

Oh I can't wait to put them on. I got them through here. Had some issues with the bike (high idle bs) but put it off because I just rode the other bike. The 90% rain this summer hasnt helped. Just looking at the preds in the corner is depressing.
High idles can be the TPS but a lot of times it is because no one has played with the tolerances on the voltage settings between the TPS and the stepper motor settings. Even though it cost money Tune Boy has rectified that stuff by allowing you to control these settings like a tool compensation in a CNC machine. You can not get that with tune ecu so you have to play with the voltage tolerances to achieve optimum working conditions. SO in short I am not cutting down tune ecu it is just not as advanced so you have to work at it a little harder. Like the old tune boy software.

High idles can be the TPS but a lot of times it is because no one has played with the tolerances on the voltage settings between the TPS and the stepper motor settings. Even though it cost money Tune Boy has rectified that stuff by allowing you to control these settings like a tool compensation in a CNC machine. You can not get that with tune ecu so you have to play with the voltage tolerances to achieve optimum working conditions. SO in short I am not cutting down tune ecu it is just not as advanced so you have to work at it a little harder. Like the old tune boy software.
I took it in around a month ago and it was the stepper motor. Recommend tuneboy over power commander? I know tuneboy is more advanced but just not sure as to how much. Just running tuneecu at the moment.

I took it in around a month ago and it was the stepper motor. Recommend tuneboy over power commander? I know tuneboy is more advanced but just not sure as to how much. Just running tuneecu at the moment.
If your not going to go crazy with the motor Tune ECU will be fine especially for maintenance it is free soft ware and a 20 dollar cable. PC units are ok but you do not get the advantage of being able to do the maintenance aspects of the bike. If you already have the PC unit and no one in the area can tune with the ecu soft wares available for the Rocket then at least you can load a good base tune for the bikes setup in the ecu and let them finish it off with the power commander unit.
So in a nut shell no tuning soft ware is better then the other. Just better suited for the particular application. And is limited by the tuners ability to use the particular software.

I must say I use Tune Boy but I have had it long before Tune ECU was out. I also do not really have a stock bike either. I am building one from a bunch of Rockets parts I have acquired over the years.

If your not going to go crazy with the motor Tune ECU will be fine especially for maintenance it is free soft ware and a 20 dollar cable. PC units are ok but you do not get the advantage of being able to do the maintenance aspects of the bike. If you already have the PC unit and no one in the area can tune with the ecu soft wares available for the Rocket then at least you can load a good base tune for the bikes setup in the ecu and let them finish it off with the power commander unit.
So in a nut shell no tuning soft ware is better then the other. Just better suited for the particular application. And is limited by the tuners ability to use the particular software.

I must say I use Tune Boy but I have had it long before Tune ECU was out. I also do not really have a stock bike either. I am building one from a bunch of Rockets parts I have acquired over the years.
Well i was just curious because everyone I have spoken to in the area is familiar with power commander only

Back