Terms and Rules
Agreement and Compliance to the R3Owners.Net Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is required for all members. Please take a moment to review
R3Owners.Net is a web site/portal that supports the free flow of information regarding motorcycling, with an emphasis on the Triumph Rocket III motorcycle. R3Owners.Net is not in any way associated with Triumph Motorcycles, Ltd, The Riders Association of Triumph (R.A.T.) or any regional distributor of Triumph Motorcycles, Ltd. The operators of R3Owners.Net may be active participants in official Triumph-sponsored activities, but none are employees of Triumph Motorcycles, Ltd or any subsidiary.
R3Owners.Net is operated as a private web site, financially supported by both individual and commercial interests. No guarantees can be made now, or in the future, with respect to the levels that each group/individual contributes.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time. When in doubt, refer to this guide.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
R3Owners.Net is operated by a close group of private individuals, each being a Triumph Motorcycle enthusiast. These volunteers donate their time and efforts towards a respective portion of a broad set of tasks necessary to maintain R3Owners.Net.
No compensation is paid to this group of moderators and operators.
The originator and creator of R3Owners.Net is a single individual person, who continues to control and manage the infrastructure. There is no outside organization, company, or agency that ensures the ongoing operation or availability of R3Owners.Net; therefore there is no guarantee ot the future availability and /or operational practices of R3Owners.Net.
All content submitted to the operators, editors, administrators, and moderators of R3Owners.Net are posted on the site for the benefit of its members and visitors. While R3Owners.Net does not claim ownership of user-contributed content, we reserve the right to request and/or claim copyright protection of certain types of content when applicable. An example of this would be in cases of R3Owners.Net content being used within the scope of a print publication. Please contact the webmaster for additional information.
User-Contributed Content does not represent the opinion of R3Owners.Net. R3Owners.Net holds no liability or supports no warranty twords the type, amount, content, or definition of any user-contributed content. This waiver also extends to whatever content that mey be considered private or proprietary. In other words, the user is responsible for the information contributed, posted, or submitted. Any content submitted by the user may be used by R3Owners.Net for any purpose it deems necessary.
The R3Owners.Net Administrative Staff and Moderators retain the right to make changes to, edit, update, add to, or remove, content as is deemed necessary.
The R3Owners.Net Logo may be used on other web sites, but must be hyper-linked back to R3Owners.Net.
The guidelines set forth in the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) are designed to support the active operation of R3Owners.Net and support a platform for the appropriate exchange of information:
A member of R3Owners.Net is automatically assigned a profile and granted access immediately upon reciept of a password. This membership is given free of charge, and allows the registered user to contribute and communicate in in several areas of the site. The member is asked to verify age, and as long as the registration is sent to the proper email address, the user is allowed access.
R3Owners.Net membership is not contingent on any other membership of any other organization, including Riders Association of Triumph (R.A.T.). In other words, it is not neccessary to be a member of R.A.T. to contribute on R3Owners.Net.
- Proprietary Information shall not be posted within any part of R3Owners.Net , which includes using R3Owners.Net as a platform for exporting proprietary information. If proprietary information is posted, it will be edited and/or removed.
- Copyrighted material shall not be posted on R3Owners.Net without the permission of its owner.
- Using R3Owners.Net to Spam, or for other types of spamming activites.
- Fraudulent Activities, or committing fraud.
- Discrimination twords others, reguardless of the topic or subject. We do not judge others here.
- Extreme or Consistant profanity.
- Using deceptive practices to gather other user contact/email information.
- Sending potentially dangerous content, including viruses and worms, for the purpose of gaining access to other member's computers.
- Cross Posting of advertisements for products, items, or services.
- Disrupting any areas of ROwners.Net to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law.
- Scanning R3Owners.Net for ways to gain un-authorized access or to hack the server.
- Using R3Owners.Net content within any other web site, publication, verbal communication, or multimedia release without permission.
- Posting private messages in the forums, or any other site, without the originator's consent.
- Postings of extreme morbid content, R3Owners.Net is a means to discuss real life events, but not perpetually display them without end.
- Executing a retalitory stratagy twords other individuals or companies. We welcome open communication here, including issues; but with an intent on helping to resolve. R3Owners.Net is a forum, not a virtual weapon.
- Posts that ask for or encourage financial payment, comercial or charitable, need to be approved by the respective forum moderator before the post is done. The only exceptions are the financial supporters of R3Owners.net.
- Excessive arguments twords a forum moderator or administrator. Open dialoge is welcome and encouraged, but do not respond to any request in a dis-respectful manner.
- Cross posting the same topic across more than one forum. This type of activity is disruptive and is abusive to the other members of R3Owners.Net. If there is an issue or question, send a private message to the forum moderator before posting.
- Explicit Content - No Explicit Images
- Any copyrighted material will not be allowed
- No Pornographic Images are allowed. This includes images that are sexual in nature.
- Only single photos will be allowed, complete sets, files or zip files, or links to photosharing sites are not allowed. If in doubt do not post the photo. The webmaster, administrators, and moderators have the final say on any adult photo posting and may ask you to edit or delete them or may do so themselves without notice. All models must be 18 years old or older. The only exception is regarding nudity, even when the model has agreed it is not allowed on this site; No full frontal nudity.
- Posting of off topic content. With the exception of the Bearclaw forum and the Final Drive forum, only motorcycle related content is allowed. The webmaster, administrators, and moderators have the final say on the content in ALL forums and may ask you to edit or delete your post or may do so themselves without notice.
- Personal Attacks against other members.
- Creating more than one profile, to represent multiple personalities.
In order to financially support R3Owners.Net, its founder maintains several relationships with primarily commercial organizations. In return for their ongoing contributions, they are given the right to advertise their own products and services to the entire user base that visits R3Owners.Net.
In order to protect their interests; no content, posts, or private messages written to sell a product or service commercially can be put on R3Owners.Net without pre-approval. This also includes non-profit and charitable interests. In other words, only active financial supporters of R3Owners.Net can advertise or post content about their products and services on R3Owners.Net.
The only exception is the R3Owners.Net Classified forum, which is designed for members of R3Owners.Net for sale/purchase of personal items. Please refer to its respective rules, found at the top of the forum.
R3Owners.Net Assumes No Liability
R3Owners.Net has no practical ability to restrict all conduct, communications, or content that might violate this Policy prior to its transmission on its server. Also R3Owners.Net cannot ensure the prompt removal of any such communications or content after transmission or posting. Accordingly, R3Owners.Net does not assume any liability to visitors and members for any failure to enforce the terms of this policy.
In addition no moderator or administrator can be held liable for anything posted on their own or by others on this site.
Possible Actions Taken for Violation
It is important to understand that while R3Owners.Net is privately operated, its administrative team and key members are made up of extremely capeable individuals. Those that depend on the availability and content of R3Owners.Net represent more than one single group or interest. This is said to serve as a warning - we like having fun and sharing information about motorcycling - do not access this site for the purpose of committing the Prohibited Activities outlined the Policies. In most cases, violations will merely be edited or deleted. In more extreme situations, access to R3Owners.Net may be modified or completely blocked.
Repeat violators, or illegal actions, will be reported to your service provider or Network Administrator. Which may lead to the notification of the Law Enforcement Organization that would support your physical location. This action may lead to further criminal prosecution and/or suit for damages by other organizations.
We understand that everyone makes mistakes, and we never turn anyone away or disallow access for merely making mistakes. However, for those who choose to not abide by the R3Owners.Net Acceptable Use Policy and agree to its terms, we will disallow your access and ask that you do not return. It cannot be emphasized enough, abide by these simple guidelines - or do not use R3Owners.Net.
Revisions to the Acceptable Use Policy
R3Owners.net reserves the right to modify this policy at any time, there will be no notice given upon AUP changes or updates.