will not start ughh

speedfreak

.060 Over
My rocket has been on trickle charge for a couple weeks went to start and it will not start just keeps turning over till battery gets week any suggestions ?

Had the same issue w my RIII Classic, batterie wouldn't hold charge so I went with a new one about every 6-8 months. My RIII touring has no issues with the battery and it's never not started.

Time for a new battery. Just get an AGM and save money on all those new fangled things they have these days. Of course you should take the battery to a place to have it load tested before emptying your wallet.

Cold weather and age - does it to all of us too.
How old is the battery that is in the bike now?

Battery is a couple of years old my bike is 2007 with 6500 miles Jardine exhaust triple kn, secondaries removed tuned by Wayne at powertripp performance in Alabama. The bike turns over fast for about 30 seconds but doesn't seem like it's attempting to fire up.still think it's the battery? Thanks

Don't turn it over for 30 seconds. Do it in shorter bursts of 5 to 10 seconds at MOST. Give the starter a few seconds in between to cool down. Try cycling the ignition off and on a couple of times. One other thing to try, and this is what you're not supposed to do, but it has worked for me at times on very cold mornings. While you are cranking the engine, give the throttle a twist.

When you turn ignition and while the gauges are doing their sweep can you hear the fuel pump start

gas? and is the gas any good. try one quick shot of starting fluid

Back