Why use a tuneboy????/

The first time I rode with a tune that had the secondaries fully open all of the time and the timing advanced in the first three gears, it felt like the bike got a shot of caffiene or meth.:eek: In other words it seemed really responsive. All of the other Triumph stock tunes are really more restrictive than the standard stock tune. While it is expensive, it is well worth the money for the performance increase alone, not including the fact that you pretty much have full access to the ECU.

Beware

Just to let you know, I have had nothing but a negative experience with Tuneboy, I have had problems from day one, from problems with getting the program to load ,to a major ordeal in just trying to get the ECM serial #. After receiving my key and and trying to open Tune Edit was another nightmare. After finally getting Tune Edit to open; the first tune I tried to download failed. That created a whole set of new problems; lights on dash flashing , needles sweeping , needles not sweeping , no stepper motor, to the point where the bike would not even start. That tune download failure set seven diagnostic trouble codes. Contacted Wayne @ TB & was able to recover from download failure by opening & downloading a stock tune , but the seven fault codes were still there . Bike ran like crap , fouled plugs out. Had to go to dealer & get DTCs cleared with Triumph factory scan tool & plugs changed.Downloaded correct tune for my set up ( 3 K&Ns & 3 into 1 Predators ) @ dealer & took for test ride , thought everything was cool or scary , kind of combo of both , but only a short 15 minute ride. Next day rode bike long & hard or(scary). But after awhile for riding fast eventually had to slow down and thats when I noticed exhaust temp. was getting extremely hot. I am talking unwashed new denim getting hole burned through them hot. This is just not supposed to happen with my set up from testimony of other guys with my same exact set up. I do not know if I am the only that has had this experience or not. What I do know is weather is beautiful here in Shreveport, LA. I do not have my 06 R3 Classic to ride because my pipes are in California with Sam @ the ceramic shop; Because of damage from what appears to be a lean condition.Tuneboy identifies it as the map I downloaded . But I am now thinking I am getting the base tune without the modifications. The tunes have been checked out by Pig9r. At this point I am not happy with Tuneboy.:mad:

will say after initial set up figuring out tb used tb probably 50x's.. used it to load tune for curt's and casseys bike. no issues... around the time ed and i are trying to figure out his tb problem i go to load pc111 tune for casey to try and tb somehow prevents me from communicating with pc111. ed at this time has my pc111 so cant do much with it. casey borrows my lap top to load tb tune because he cant get his to work.... gets that going but now tb doesnt communicate with my bike. dont have time to screw with it now, may just be a setting has changed on tb but ill have to reload it and pc111 into laptop again and start over.... i really dont like computers much now...

Tbucket, seems to me that you may be out on your lonesome here, I would suggest that the majority by far have had no problems with the program and use it for what it is intended, as a tool, it is not the cure all that some seem to think, it does serve a usefull purpose.
I have had problems with the program but that was due entirely to my not following the written instructions on downloading the upgrade.
It all comes down to RTFI [Read The F.... Instructions]
Too many people have had success with Tuneboy for you to post a warning on it's use.

Problem Computer

As Pigger and dougL with attest, I don't think anyone had more problems initially getting TB to work than I. I also will say that Wayne did eventually help with the problem solving which turned out to be my computer. Pigger is right...USE THE REG CLEAN....on the TB website if you uninstall the TB program. You have to start with a clean Computer regarding previously installed TB programming.

My issues were directly related to my computer retaining its errant "learned programming" because it was retaining information in the REGISTRY. Wayne took a few weeks to figure this out but was very proactive in fixing the problems by making mods to the REG CLEAN on his website and communicating his instructions to me via email.

I would encourage Captains who purchase the TB programming and have problems to communicate in the best fashion you can with Wayne and expain the problem behavior...he will help you get this fixed...don't give up.

As for my TB, I have loaded several different tunes, used the error code function and have a fully working program. MY R3 is a running machine due to the programming available for the ECU. Keep working with the program...it is a tool that will help you do what you want in the end. ....SB...

Tbucket, seems to me that you may be out on your lonesome here, I would suggest that the majority by far have had no problems with the program and use it for what it is intended, as a tool, it is not the cure all that some seem to think, it does serve a usefull purpose.
I have had problems with the program but that was due entirely to my not following the written instructions on downloading the upgrade.
It all comes down to RTFI [Read The F.... Instructions]
Too many people have had success with Tuneboy for you to post a warning on it's use.
ted1296 I was not making an attempt to post a warning telling people not to purchase Tuneboy. I understand I may be the only one who is getting the negative results. The only thing I have tried to do with TB is download tunes. somewhere along the way something has been corrupted and having problems with it . I was merely stating my experience with it , it may not be the Tuneboy program, it could be something going on with my computer. I have not given up and said the problem could not be corrected. I was just trying to let others know that it is possible one could go down the long hard road with Tuneboy. Would like to get this problem resolved and give you a good report. Also I have read the instructions and updated everything Wayne has suggested and have done the registry cleanup. In my case it has not come down to RTFI [Read The F... Instructions]

Tuneboy or not?

Thanks guys - lots of good stuff and lots of not so good stuff...Seems as though if you can aford the $400 bucks and load the appropreiate tune for ones own custom setup it can "Rock" your machine......dont get it right and can be very upsetting and maybe rune some great engine parts......Guess I would never try this without the use of a dyno to get instant feed back and help from you guys.....so thanks..for your candid input ..........will think about it ...;)

Back