Where is IAT Sensor on Carpenter'ed Rocket?

MarvinM

.060 Over
Ride
2012 Carpenter 240+ Rocket III
Howdy Guys. I'm installing my Ramair filter I just got in the mail and can't locate where carpenter put the IAT sensor when they removed the stock intake plastic box. Anyone got a suggestion? I would seem hard to hide, but I can't find it.

Thanks,
MarvinM

Howdy Guys. I'm installing my Ramair filter I just got in the mail and can't locate where carpenter put the IAT sensor when they removed the stock intake plastic box. Anyone got a suggestion? I would seem hard to hide, but I can't find it.

Thanks,
MarvinM
It is zip tied to the upper frame right in front of the throttle bodies. it is in a little K&N filter. If it is like what they did on mine. If you need I can go snap a picture of it.

It is zip tied to the upper frame right in front of the throttle bodies. it is in a little K&N filter. If it is like what they did on mine. If you need I can go snap a picture of it.

Found it. Not where you said, but near there. Was just laying inside with no filter on it at all. I notice the breather hose is still attached. I'll have to dig into that to see if it is filtered at all. Somewhat surprising there was not filter on it.

Thanks,
MarvinM

Found it. Not where you said, but near there. Was just laying inside with no filter on it at all. I notice the breather hose is still attached. I'll have to dig into that to see if it is filtered at all. Somewhat surprising there was not filter on it.

Thanks,
MarvinM
If it has a hose on the you probably looking at the MAP sensor it is a vacuum line your looking at. The AIT only has two wires on it. If you can not locate it still follow the map sensor wires to the main harness. Right there is also where the wires come out for the AIT plug, you can follow it right to it.
Below is a shot of the AIT on mine
P9050003.JPG

If you have a part number for the pig tail I would like it so I can order one from them.

Last edited:
If it has a hose on the you probably looking at the MAP sensor it is a vacuum line your looking at. The AIT only has two wires on it. If you can not locate it still follow the map sensor wires to the main harness. Right there is also where the wires come out for the AIT plug, you can follow it right to it.
Below is a shot of the AIT on mine
P9050003.JPG

If you have a part number for the pig tail I would like it so I can order one from them.

Per the parts list, the extension cable is referred to as part number "Harness".

I found the IAT, but it was literally just laying in there without a filter on it. The other filter I was questioning was the breather. I notice I still have an underseat filter and the snorkel, but all the other plastic bits had been removed. Rather than the tiny K&N filter I expected to see on the breather, it is a hose to somewhere...probably the snorkel, but I haven't dug that far.

Got the filter installed, can see why people had a problem with them breaking. Rather than making the openings larger and letting the O-clamps do their job, they made the openings about as small as you could possibly fit on the intakes.

Thanks,
MarvinM

IMG_1241.jpg

Per the parts list, the extension cable is referred to as part number "Harness".

I found the IAT, but it was literally just laying in there without a filter on it. The other filter I was questioning was the breather. I notice I still have an underseat filter and the snorkel, but all the other plastic bits had been removed. Rather than the tiny K&N filter I expected to see on the breather, it is a hose to somewhere...probably the snorkel, but I haven't dug that far.

Got the filter installed, can see why people had a problem with them breaking. Rather than making the openings larger and letting the O-clamps do their job, they made the openings about as small as you could possibly fit on the intakes.

Thanks,
MarvinM

IMG_1241.jpg
Ya I have a Piper Cross filter on mine. and would like to relocate the AIT into it without cutting the wires.

Ya I have a Piper Cross filter on mine. and would like to relocate the AIT into it without cutting the wires.
Cant you just notch the base plate so it goes under the lip of the filter, then put a dab of silicone to make it air tight?

Back