Where do i start looking??

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
Yesterday on our way back from RAA my bike overheated in Austin Texas, since it was raining and rode freeway all the way home i didn't worry about it that much, now im home and need to repair it but don't know what the temp sensor looks like, also don't know the location of the relay, Fred seems to think that is the problem and i agree.
Does anybody have any pics i can use?
Where do i get the p;arts?

i guy
what is going on that you think that it is over heating light or kicking out water?
on mine when riding up a good mountain with some one on back it would kick a bunch of water out the tank. i just left it at that level.
you can by one of those thermal guns for about $50 and check all over the engine and rad. to see what temp you are running.
if the fan is not coming on i can give you info on that, my r3 is at my shop if you need i can let it idle to see what temp the fan is coming on. if you need info on the relay just sing out i will try to help.
herman

the relay is the one at the rear under the left side cover.
the temp switch is near the thermostat just below the head it is a two wire switch. i tried to see it but its covered up. i doubt if the temp sw. is your prob. unless the light is staying on all the time.
if you know what you are doing you can short the relay.
if you want to do this i can use mine to figure out which one to short to make the fan come on.
herman

If you hook TuneECU or TuneBoy up you will be able to see the engine temp. This should (I think) feed from the water sensor. It should move up to about 100c when the engine is running and the fan should kick on around that temp, depending where the on/off boundaries are set. There is also a button in these programmes to test the fan. Click the button and the fan should come on for a couple of seconds. Assuming that is all correct, are you loosing coolant? If not, then the usual suspect is a sticking thermostat.

The temp light came on and the fan never came on, i have no idea how to use any tune other than itunes:oops:
The fuse is good, it was raining like hell and we couldn't check any further, i will start working on it tomorrow, i am a good plumber so i should be able to figure it out:D
Be ready for me to ask 10 million questions!!:)

Back