Where are all you Harley Haters on this one..

TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa
Was surfing the web this morning and came across this interesting design from Triumph. At first glace i was sure it was a Harley Roadking...:eek: If you ask me Harley has a nice little case of design infrigment or what ever the legal term is for copying another manufactures design.. He that follows the crowd will never lead one...;) This should silence those antagonist....:rolleyes:

[/media]

Last edited:
I don't get it either. Hard to try to figure out what these companies are thinking. Poor OLD Harley has been copied by practically every manufacturer out there. I remember when Triumph switched to the weird firing configuration, to give their twin, a "lope" sound, "like a Harley". Give me a break. About the same as mounting a tape recorder and speaker, playing the sound of a Harley running! ????? Like said above, if you're gonna follow, you'll never lead................. I own a Harley, that is growing cob webs, since I bought my 2013 RocketR. I love the sound of my 3 cylinders, especially since I put the TORS on. It has a "growl" unlike anything else out there. Triumph just doesn't quite seem to know which direction they want to go. They've sunk tons of money into the Rocket, stream-liner, etc. etc. But they don't seem to push it much. Been out since 2005, but you still don't see many on the roads?

It isn't really surprising if you remember where the CEO of Triumph North America, Greg Heichelbech, comes from.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-heichelbech/20/710/597

bob

Two cylinders standing up next to each other, and a v-twin facing front and back. Now that you mention it, I do see the similarities. o_O

Having ridden HDs and the Triumph T/Bird, I would take the T/Bird every day of the week. There are many cruising bike riders out there who either don't want, or can't handle, the power of the RIII. The T/Bird fills the gap nicely. It will also pull from idle to flat out in top gear without a murmur, and surprising quickly. I used to own one of the new Bonnevilles before the RIII, and it definitely got a buzz going at cruising speeds - so much so that the mirror was blurry. With the offset crank, the same engine was a lot smoother at cruising speeds. The T/Bird, with the engine twice the size, is amazingly smooth at cruising speeds, and the offset crank gives it a very nice feel. If that bike had been out when I bought my RIII I could quite easily have ended up with it.

Bottom line - if you want to see the differences between that an a HD, then ride them both.

Just looks like a Thunderbird made to have bags. Nothing much looks particularly HD RK to me. There are plenty of Jap cruisers that need a real close look to tell they're not Harley's, but this isn't like that. I reckon you'd have to be a total non-biker not to recognise the differences instantly. It's a bit rich also criticising Triumph for doing this. A screen is a screen, bags are bags. How else should they have done it? Like Victory? Or come up with some other stupid looking thing. We hear over and over on here that the R3T won't be a proper tourer until it has a top box etc. Calls to make the T more like the others are apparently OK but not so with the T Bird. I wouldn't want one but kudos to Triumph for trying.

Like Mathew Quigley, I never said I didn't know how to use one just said I never had much use for them!:whitstling:

I will keep my Rocket, but thanks for the heads up!:thumbsup:

I kinda like it, I'm not big on the tank mounted speedo, but other than that it's not a bad looking bike,

I thought from the get-go that the T'Bird looked like 'just all the other Jap cruisers' .. assume owner demand/ feedback resulted in the bags/screen combo. I was really disappointed that the company responsible for iconic machines like the Rocket , Speed Triple and the ever popular Tigers couldn't come up with something more unique and cutting edge. Copying any other manufacturer will always cop criticism.

;)
Just looks like a Thunderbird made to have bags. Nothing much looks particularly HD RK to me. There are plenty of Jap cruisers that need a real close look to tell they're not Harley's, but this isn't like that. I reckon you'd have to be a total non-biker not to recognise the differences instantly. It's a bit rich also criticising Triumph for doing this. A screen is a screen, bags are bags. How else should they have done it? Like Victory? Or come up with some other stupid looking thing. We hear over and over on here that the R3T won't be a proper tourer until it has a top box etc. Calls to make the T more like the others are apparently OK but not so with the T Bird. I wouldn't want one but kudos to Triumph for trying.

YEAH WHAT WAS I THINKING..:confused:Who's critizising anything i just said they look a lot like a Harley:rolleyes:
I've been riding for 30+ years ,all it would take is one beer to confuse me.. must have been the emblem.;)

Attachments

• triumph-s-new-cruisers-with-harley-davidson-disguise-62973-7.jpg
    triumph-s-new-cruisers-with-harley-davidson-disguise-62973-7.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 108
  • imagesCAPUYU27.jpg
    imagesCAPUYU27.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
YEAH WHAT WAS I THINKING..:confused:Who's criticising anything i just said they look a lot like a Harley:rolleyes:
this picture of the black one is way too much Harley look alike for me, on the other hand the vid of the one in show room looks like a cross between the R3 Touring and Tbird apart from the leather bags and is no different to what a lot of us do to our Rockets for long trips and doesn't remind me of a Harley Road King, I don't like the Tank mounted speedo just as I don't like it on the Touring

Back