WHAT REAR WHEEL BEARING SIZES???

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
My 2012 Roadster rear wheel needs new bearings ASAP (trip coming soon).
The fiche doesn't give sizes. Wish to replace both bearings in the rear wheel and the one in the final drive flange.
Can anyone tell me which types and sizes to buy?
All tips appreciated!

My 2012 Roadster rear wheel needs new bearings ASAP (trip coming soon).
The fiche doesn't give sizes. Wish to replace both bearings in the rear wheel and the one in the final drive flange.
Can anyone tell me which types and sizes to buy?
All tips appreciated!
I would assume they are the same on the Classic, I didn't do the final drive one,
bearings below, you can cross reference the numbers for other brands.
NTN 6305 LU 2RS
NSK 6204 DU 2RS
Seal 47 x 35 x 6.5mm

I would assume they are the same on the Classic, I didn't do the final drive one,
bearings below, you can cross reference the numbers for other brands.
NTN 6305 LU 2RS
NSK 6204 DU 2RS
Seal 47 x 35 x 6.5mm

THANK YOU, Mate!!! :thumbsup:

When are the bearings recommended for change?
Not sure on that one, I had the wheel off mine once and felt the bearings and they seemed really tight, couldn't turn them by hand, when I knocked them out they were fine so I'm guessing that the clearance was tight on the outside diameter of the bore for the bearing in the rim. the new ones I fitted were the same so it wasn't worth doing I suppose, more peace of mind and it spins freely when jacked up.

Not sure on that one, I had the wheel off mine once and felt the bearings and they seemed really tight, couldn't turn them by hand, when I knocked them out they were fine so I'm guessing that the clearance was tight on the outside diameter of the bore for the bearing in the rim. the new ones I fitted were the same so it wasn't worth doing I suppose, more peace of mind and it spins freely when jacked up.
I did exactly the same. bearings were tight and I couldn't move them by hand so I replaced them all. when they were removed they spun freely and were smooth. A waste of time and money.

When are the bearings recommended for change?

Right after I installed new tires, my rear wheel area started a light ticking that I heard at low speed.
No matter if in gear, neutral, engine running or not. Seemed to be more prominent when things were hot after it had been run awhile.
Felt nothing with it lifted and wheel rotated and pressured side to side.
Inspected everything very closely with no success.
Ordered these new to install:
#18) Ball bearing 1 $32.74
#4) T3500012 Circlip 1 $2.84
#21) T3500047 Circlip, Int, 194.5 x 3 1 $8.74
#8) T3600019 Oil Seal 1 $6.27
#6) T3600079 O Ring, 60 x 2 1 $4.11
#11) T3600081 O ring, 70 x 4 1 $4.44
#3) T3800051 Bearing, Ball, 20 47 20.6 1 $38.29
#7) T3800096 Bearing Ball, 204714

I have ordered all the necessary parts ($135 worth).
4, 8, 3, 6, 7, 21, 11 and 18

R3R-Rear-Wheel.jpg

Well I received all the ordered parts from Bike Bandit and finished the install.
The medium tick noise is GONE!

My rear wheel was unbelievably grody, like nearly black.
Spent about 20 minutes on it with a product called FLITZ that I bought at lastyear's International Bike Show.
Worked great for a quick clean job! Now I gotta do the front . . . :p
Rear-Wheel-Clean.jpg Rear-Wheel-Clean-Flitz.jpg

Well I received all the ordered parts from Bike Bandit and finished the install.
The medium tick noise is GONE!

My rear wheel was unbelievably grody, like nearly black.
Spent about 20 minutes on it with a product called FLITZ that I bought at lastyear's International Bike Show.
Worked great for a quick clean job! Now I gotta do the front . . . :p
Rear-Wheel-Clean.jpg Rear-Wheel-Clean-Flitz.jpg
so it was bearings after all..

Good to hear new bearings cured the noise. I missed this thread earlier, but for anyone else looking to replace wheel bearings, All Balls makes complete aftermarket wheel bearing kits for the Rocket. Rear wheel bearing kit is ~$30, and the front is ~$20. Aside from costing only 1/3 or 1/4 of Triumph prices, the kits come with everything you need for the job without having to scratch your head with a dozen or so part numbers.

I have only a few thousand miles on the bearings so I can't comment on the durability yet, but they seem to be getting good reviews, and I rode 60k miles on a set on my Harley before I sold the bike.

Back