What is with the Bridgestone tires.

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I am new to the R3 family. Just got a 06 standard. Looking at rear tires . Not much of a selection, and the prices will get your attention quick.
Checking out the internet I found a site called Superstore that had the 240/55/16 in a G or M models ( what is the difference). One was $180 & the other was $187 incl s&h .
The Metzler 880 was $50 more.
Is there that much difference in handling and life expediency?? I have used the bridgestone on BMWs & Moto Guzzis with good luck. Yet some of the write ups below their advert are not very good to bad. Of course they were evaluating a number of different models. My conspiracy side says they may be trying to steer you to the more expensive tire.
Thanks in Advance
Russ

It has a R rating , which is fast enough for me. I am mostly concernred with the handling and life . I do no believe the 55 height will makethat much difference

I don't think anyone has tried the Bridgestone 240/55-16 tire. That's the stock tire for the bagger version of the Suzuki 109..whatever it's called. It is definitely less expensive and would probably work just great, however I don't believe Bridgestone makes a matching 150/80-17 for the front of our bikes, which is what turned me off..

You might find a Suzuki 109 forum. Any of them with the bagger version would know about the life of the tire..

I just like to have matching tires.. :) I am on my second set if Avons, and I have really liked them.

I don't think anyone has tried the Bridgestone 240/55-16 tire. That's the stock tire for the bagger version of the Suzuki 109..whatever it's called. It is definitely less expensive and would probably work just great, however I don't believe Bridgestone makes a matching 150/80-17 for the front of our bikes, which is what turned me off..

You might find a Suzuki 109 forum. Any of them with the bagger version would know about the life of the tire..

I just like to have matching tires.. :) I am on my second set if Avons, and I have really liked them.

I concur the Avons are better handling than the METZ I was looking at the BST wheels for a while but these tires wil not fit on the very low profile rims so I stick to the original rims since I am an advocate for avon tires on R3 standard as I ran 11000kms this summer on avons I am definitively convinced of their superiority in handling .longevity is not an issue for me as riding is about pleasure .not commuting

Back