Water temp'gauge

GRAMPY

Supercharged
Ride
R3 Classic
I've got a chance to buy a Triumph water temp' gauge,(still boxed),never used,by the owner,who's sold his bike.
Any one fitted one?.--are they worth fitting ?.

Next question----- could this ol' scrote fit it ?, or is it too complicated ta do?. Ta..

Grampy - you sure? - Triumph did a clock and Fuel gauge.

There is a water temp gauge from digital speedos in the UK.
http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/triumph-rocket-iii-temperature-gauge-365-p.asp
If it's the latter - it's likely to be a PITA every time you want to get under the tank.
triumph-rocket-iii-temperature-gauge-365-p%5Bekm%5D225x168%5Bekm%5D.jpg

I have something different mounted in the same place - so I have a pretty good idea.

Grampy - you sure? - Triumph did a clock and Fuel gauge.-------Mine's fitted with these

There is a water temp gauge from digital speedos in the UK.
http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/triumph-rocket-iii-temperature-gauge-365-p.asp --------- Yep that's the one.
If it's the latter - it's likely to be a PITA every time you want to get under the tank. -------- could it not be fitted elsewhere?
triumph-rocket-iii-temperature-gauge-365-p%5Bekm%5D225x168%5Bekm%5D.jpg

I have something different mounted in the same place - so I have a pretty good idea.

YES---You are correct-
--I should have said "to-fit" the Triumph.

Do you find it useful, or just ornamental ? & is it fairly easy to fit?

Thanks for advise.:thumbsup:

What would a water temperature gauge get you? There's a LED to tell you if it's too high, why worry yourself with intermediary readings... but I guess, living in the North, I might not have appreciation for things overheating.

YES---You are correct---I should have said "to-fit" the Triumph.

Do you find it useful, or just ornamental ? & is it fairly easy to fit?

Thanks for advise.:thumbsup:
HONESTLY - do you need a gauge that tells you it's all OK with a steady needle that's only just in your field of view if you're fortunate?

I don't have a water temp - I have a GPS driven speedo down there - actually it's a rev counter modified - Koso 48mm thing identical to the water gauge externally.
have to remove it every time I want to lift the tank. The tab that bolts the tank down at the front only just clears the speedo/revcntr without anything there.

The water temp warning light imo is enough - You'll know LONG before anyway (or should) as the fans are LOUD.
If you're worried use TuneECU to lower the temps that fans kick in at. I did - 99ºC
I live where it's HOT in summer - and I have NEVER had issues. Fans are hardly ever on - the R3 has a monster rad'.

Generally I only add gauges I'll need to look at - The GiPro gear indicator is an exception.
Sometimes I just like to check if it feels too revvy or lumpy for some reason. So it's not in direct line of sight.

The water temp warning light imo is enough - You'll know LONG before anyway (or should) as the fans are LOUD.
If you're worried use TuneECU to lower the temps that fans kick in at. I did - 99ºC
I live where it's HOT in summer - and I have NEVER had issues. Fans are hardly ever on - the R3 has a monster rad'.

I'm assuming fans kicking in when you're idling at a light is ok, right? Since there's no air going through the rad when you're not moving? Or do I have a problem?

I'm assuming fans kicking in when you're idling at a light is ok, right? Since there's no air going through the rad when you're not moving? Or do I have a problem?
You're fine - Just 99.99999999999999% of my riding is open road. Even so I'd need to be goodly while at lights before the fans kick in. I added DEI Radiator Relief.

I was concerned about not having a coolant gauge when I first had my rocket. Not because of overheating but because I wanted to ensure the bike was up to temp before using it's of throttle.

After a couple of weeks of data logging I have found that it only takes about 4 blocks at 25 mph to get to 75c, and by 7 blocks its at 88. So I just wait until I'm a few minutes from the house and don't sorry about it now.

Back